- Job Sites: Mississauga, Brampton and Concord
- $18 to $23 per hour depending on experience and certifications
- Working Interview
- Days only starting at 7:00 AM until 3:00 PM
- Valid Working At Heights Required
- Aerial Work Platform an Asset
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a growing company that installs, repairs, and modifies existing racking systems and offers customized solutions for warehouse spaces. They have over 40 years of experience in the material handling business. They are looking for reliable and dependable people with a professional attitude that are motivated and want to work. As this is not a typical job, you will not go through the typical interview process – you will be given a chance to go to a job site, work with the crew and show that you have what it takes. This gives you the chance to try and make sure that this is the right job for you.
As their new Racking Installer, you enjoy working with your hands, being active all day long. You can work under tight timelines and love the challenge that comes with it. You’re a team player, willing to help anyone that might need a hand. You’re committed to keeping a safe work space for those around you, especially when you’re putting in racking in an active warehouse.
What you’ll be doing…
- Working with a crew of about 8 experienced Installers
- Anchoring the floor anchors into the ground
- Vacuuming up concrete dust and other site maintenance
- Assisting the Forklift Operator with loading by hand or stabilizing frames
- Spotting and signalling Forklift Operator when moving frames and other pieces
- Installing racking that is either clipped together or bolted
- Assembling racking using your hands, impact wrenches and cordless drills, occasionally hammer and screwdrivers
- Assembly racking for an Aerial Work Platform for those that have current certifications
- Highly dependable with reliable transportation and can travel to multiple job sites in Mississauga, Brampton, and/or Concord
- Ground Work – Working At Heights would be an asset (pay range is $18 to $20 per hour)
- Assembly Work – Working At Heights and Aerial Work Platform are required (pay range $21 to $23 per hour)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work as a team in large or small groups
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs repeatedly
- Comfortable and experienced using power and hand tools
- Comfortable working at heights, and operating elevated work platforms
- Familiar with assembly using hands or tools
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or text (905) 330 9861.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.