Our large IT client, is recognized by customers as Canada’s leading Communication company.
We are looking for a Radio Access Engineer to support the team.
Duration: 12 months
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- B.Sc. in Electrical/Systems Design Engineering with specialization in communications with 5-10 years’ experience in one of the following types of organization: Wireless carrier (engineering or technology department), Wireless infrastructure vendor (RF engineering, system design, IOT or R&D department), OEM (Network & terminal IOT department).
- Excellent working knowledge of UMTS and LTE core network architectures and radio access technologies.
- Technical understanding of KPIs and Network counters/statistics.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills: Able to simplify and teach complex concepts to various audiences (engineers, technicians, executives).
- Strong technical leadership and time management skills.
- Ability to motivate people to participate in various development projects.
- Ability to articulate and negotiate technical requirement with vendors.
- Innovative (visionary) thinking approach to problem solving.
- Technical development of HSPA+, FDD LTE and TDD LTE RF access features related to performance, capacity and new services.
- Technical development of CAT-M1 and NB-IOT RF access technologies and features.
- Development of test plans and execution of new feature testing in our lab environment.
- Assessing, managing and influencing the RAN vendor roadmaps based on what will bring value to our customers, our business objectives and network evolution requirements.
- Working closely with cross functional team’s members to support end to end rollout of the RAN features in the production network.
- Supporting cross functional teams for new service introduction and providing last level of support from RF access related issues.
- Facilitating knowledge transfer by presenting and explaining complex technical subjects to various audiences from Operations, Engineering, WT and Management.
- Supporting the Engineering teams with RAN software upgrades in the network.
- Supporting other Wireless Technology teams with new technology introductions.
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.