Our client, one of Canada’s leading integrated oil companies has an immediate need for a Casual / On Call Receptionist to join their team for an eight (8) month contract position in their St. John’s, Newfoundland office.
Our client is seeking an energetic and outgoing administrative professional for a casual / on call receptionist position.
This position will be a call in role when required and provide vacation coverage as well as backfill coverage as required. Generally, 1 to 2 weeks advance notice will be provided for shifts, however, sometimes there may be a need for coverage on shorter notice. The reception operating hours are Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm NST, with 1 hour for lunch.
In this role, you will report to the Office Services & Facilities Team Lead and will be the first point of contract for visitors to our client’s offices.
- Greet all incoming visitors
- Log incoming visitors and issue visitor badges
- Advise guests of company’s Emergency Evacuation Process
- Receive and send mail via Canada Post
- Receive incoming calls and transfer to appropriate personnel
- Manage personal and shared inbox and direct inquires to appropriate personnel
- Receive and send courier deliveries; disperse accordingly
- Order stationary supplies as required (i.e. business cards, letterhead, calendars)
- Other related duties as required
MUST HAVE Qualifications:
- Emergency First Aid/Adult CPR
- 3+ years experience working as an administrative assistant or receptionist
- Previous customer service experience
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Strong oral communication skills
- Able to effectively work as part of a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.