Our Top Pipeline client is looking for a Records Management Analyst for their office in Fort McMurray. Through this exciting opportunity, the Records Management Analyst will provide a broad range of basic to complex records management support with the development, implementation, and maintenance of a document management system that is aligned with corporate policies and practices. The incumbent will ensure that the system allows for quick and easy access of important information, protects critical documents from inappropriate access, and disposes of data and information that is not required.
- Manages the coordination of Regional records management throughout the Athabasca Region of our client
- Manages and responds to internal and external drawing requests.
- Responsible for continuous improvement efforts with regard to document control and records management. This may include auditing drawings/vendor documents/records to determine if they are readily available if needed.
- Ensures preservation and accessibility of relevant and critical Regional records (e.g. Safety Plot Plans, Critical Drawings, Station Manuals, Pipeline Information Books, etc).
- Develops, implements, and maintains quality control procedures to ensure records are complete and meet regulatory requirements.
- Provides support to Quality Assurance Advisors, Area Operations, and Pipeline Maintenance (PLM) with the preparation and turnover of Quality documentation.
- Manages paper and electronic records in an effort to prevent uncontrolled accumulation of records that are no longer required.
- Ensures adequate storage for records that protects them from unauthorized access, loss, destruction, theft, or disaster.
- Keeps informed of regulatory requirements and ensures Regional records comply with the regulations.
- Coordinates and manages processes to assure records are appropriately distributed, stored, and archived in compliance with internal and regulatory requirements.
- Liaises with other departments and builds relationships to ensure there is a coordinated approach and cost-effective process in the management of records.
- Delivers training to Regional staff with respect to records retention.
- Provides services and support to a variety of departments throughout the company, as required.
- Related University Degree or technical diploma.
- 2 years or more of related experience working in a records management environment or equivalent experience.
- Interest and proficiency in initiating and continuously learning new tools and systems including software tools and work processes.
- Proven ability to initiate and manage change, be innovative, think strategically, and work well with teams.
- Service oriented with strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to solve problems independently.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
- Attention to details is essential.
- High-level of initiative and ownership for the work.
- Previous experience working with document control/records management systems an asset
- Technical knowledge of pipeline regulatory/compliance requirements and experience in pipeline records and drawings preferred
If you bring the mentioned skills and experiences to the table, then we would love to chat with you!
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.