Relief Head Operator
- Scarborough, Ontario
- 3rd Class Stationary Engineering certificate or Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- $28.26 per hour
- Fully Company Paid Benefits, Pension Plan
- Secure and Stable Work Environment
Are you looking to work with an established company that has been in business for over 70 years? Are you seeking a stable and challenging job with an industry leader?
Ian Martin Group is working with a pioneering company in Waxes. They have an extensive list of products and applications – anything from cosmetics to building and construction materials
As our new Relief Head Operator (Process Control Operator), you will enjoy working with a variety of equipment and overseeing the conversion of raw material to finished product.
Your tasks will include:
- Operation of a Refinery plant; troubleshooting and diagnosing any mechanical problems, correcting or preparing for maintenance to fix
- Overseeing the operation from the Control Room (65% of the time)
- Performing visual inspections, doing start ups and shutdowns; monitoring several dozen pumps, exchangers and compressors, and tank levels (35% of the time)
- Change stock, hoses and set lines; performing regular system flush
Working with Ian Martin Group to Find Your Next Career
We’re a big company with a lot of history, but with a personalized approach and a genuine interest in finding you your perfect fit. We work with companies that take a lot of pride in what they do – just like us. Our client knows that top talent can be anywhere in Canada, and if this sounds like the role for you, they will assist in relocation.
- Must hold a valid 3rd Class Stationary Engineering certificate or have a degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, or have a certified Engineering Technologist
- Must be able to read and understand written instructions and maintain accurate documentation according to the operation procedures manual
- Self-starter that can work independently and with a team
- Flexible to work shifts and weekends; overtime with little advanced notice
- Willing to attend and successfully complete training and educational upgrades at the request of the company and achieve a B Class Refrigeration Certification
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the job: walking up and down stairs repeatedly, bending, twisting, and climbing ladders up to 30 feet
Are you ready to apply and feel you fit the criteria above?
Please submit your resume by clicking “Apply Now” to this posting. Or you can give us a call at 1 (800) 567 9675 x 2283 or call/text us at (905) 330 9861. If you text, please include your name and position you’re interested in.