Relief Recovery Operator
- Scarborough, Ontario
- Permanent, $27.45 per hour
- 3rd Class Stationary Engineering certificate or Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- Fully Company Paid Benefits, Pension Plan
- Secure and Stable Work Environment
Are you looking to work with an established company that has been in business for over 70 years? Ian Martin Workforce is working with a pioneering company in Waxes. They have an extensive list of products and applications – anything from cosmetics to building and construction materials
As our new Relief Recovery Operator, you will enjoy working with a variety of equipment and overseeing the conversion of raw material to finished product.
What you will be doing…
- Operation of a Refinery plant; troubleshooting and diagnosing any mechanical problems, correcting or preparing for maintenance to fix
- Overseeing the operation from the Control Room (65% of the time)
- Performing visual inspections, doing start ups and shutdowns; monitoring several dozen pumps, exchangers and compressors, and tank levels (35% of the time)
- Change stock, hoses and set lines; performing regular system flush
Why this is the right job for you…
- Have a valid 3rd Class Stationary Engineering certificate or have a degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, or have a certified Engineering Technologist
- Must be able to read and understand written instructions and maintain accurate documentation according to the operation procedures manual
- Self-starter that can work independently and with a team
- Flexible to work shifts and weekends; overtime with little advanced notice
- Willing to attend and successfully complete training and educational upgrades at the request of the company and achieve a B Class Refrigeration Certification
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the job: walking up and down stairs repeatedly, bending, twisting, and working in both hot and cold environments, climbing ladders up to 30 feet
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at Jebas.Christadoss@ianmartin.com.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.