Our large IT client is recognized by customers as Canada’s leading Aerospace company.
We are looking for a Requirements Engineer to support the team.
Duration: 9 months
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
The Requirements Engineer is an intermediate engineering position responsible for eliciting, developing, and supporting requirements for complex systems through all phases of a project’s life cycle.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Good experience with requirements Management process and tool support (using DOORS and DXL scripts)
- 5 years’ experience in a system engineering environment, ideally in the defense industry
- Experience with the IBM DOORS requirements management tool is highly desirable
- P.Eng. or CET or eligible to obtain Professional Engineering or CET (Certified Engineering Technologist)
- English required, French fluency would be an asset
- Elicit requirements following various approaches such as document analysis, interviews, use cases, story boarding, requirements workshops, site visits, workflow analysis, and competitive product analysis
- Decompose high-level user requirements into functional requirements specified in sufficient detail to guide the next level of development
- Ensure the requirement statements are complete, correct, consistent, concise, comprehensible, unambiguous, feasible, unique, necessary, design-independent, and verifiable and that they conform to project standards
- Use the IBM DOORS requirement management software to structure requirement statements and trace them to the source, design and verification artifacts in the tool, based on the project needs
- Administer the IBM DOORS requirements management tool environment
- Maintain and extend an existing library of IBM DOORS DXL scripts
- Train and mentor more junior members in the use of DOORS
- Assist in developing, producing and maintaining requirements engineering procedures
- Organize and lead formal and informal requirement reviews and produce related deliverables, reports and minutes
- Report status on requirement engineering activities and requirements' progression
- Work with design and development teams to ensure they understand the requirements and to ensure solutions are available to meet the requirements (i.e. feasibility)
- Work with the test / V&V team to ensure they understand the requirements and to ensure requirements are testable (i.e. verifiable); Estimate effort and plan the work for assigned tasks
- Ensure the Requirements Lead is made aware of all issues, risks and concerns in a timely manner
- Provide impact analyses for proposed changes; Work with minimal supervision.
- Chorus Role: 6.1 DDQ – Design, Develop and Qualify the Solution
- To provide products and customer solutions in consistency with all stakeholders' needs and entity policies , as well as continuously enhance engineering competitiveness.
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.