Our large IT client is recognized by customers as Canada’s leading Aerospace company.
We are looking for a Resourcing Business Partner (Recruiter) to support the team.
Duration: 6+ months
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum of 5 years of experience of the Engineering and Technology skills market from the Defense or Civil Aerospace, Naval, Security, or Rail sectors.
- Must have in-house corporate resourcing or wider resourcing experience
- Candidate needs to be eligible for NATO Clearance
- Personally, accountable for ensuring the delivery of output metrics covering: target start dates and customer satisfaction for professional hires for assigned requisitions.
- Influence key stakeholders where no direct line responsibility exists (e.g. Hiring Managers, HR Business Partners & Generalists) to ensure output metrics are met
- Personally, own the full resourcing lifecycle for assigned requisitions from requirements definition, sourcing, selection through to onboarding and for the first 6 months of Employees’ tenure
- Personally, accountable for delivering quality hires against technical and business requisitions LR1- 9; however, delivery of more senior roles may be required from time to time
- Own the Hiring Manager relationship, coaching them through the head-hunting process, their role within it, creating appropriate target lists and a compelling value proposition to sell to passive candidates
- Attend interviews with Hiring Managers to support the decision-making process, promote best practice within Resourcing and Selection, and provide coaching as and where necessary
- Personally, conduct phone and desk identification and manage internal and external research doing the same to create robust long lists of Passive candidates
- Convert initial interest into commitment to a resourcing process
- Build and maintain a personal network of passive candidates for all business-critical roles
- Manage all channels to the active candidate market including employee referral, e-sourcing, on & off-line advertising, events and agencies
- Manage the delivery of assigned and shared internal and external resources to ensure quality, speed and cost targets are achieved
- Personally, assess candidates’ competence, cultural fit and motivation, and present robust shortlists with an appropriate mix of Internal, external, active and passive candidates
- Provide data and analysis to individual Hiring Managers to support Contingent v. Professional headcount decisions
- Provide support to Hiring Managers in making Temp to Perm hires
- Promote best practice selection using the selection framework, coaching hiring managers where necessary and taking ultimate responsibility for high quality hiring decisions and meeting quality of hire metrics
- Conduct full briefing meetings with Hiring Managers for each role and develop role specific Value Propositions that remain within Thales branding guidelines
- Champion the 'search' based resourcing process, clearly define Managers' roles and set performance expectations
- Implement process improvements as agreed by VP of HR and Resourcing Manager
- Deliver formal and informal coaching to all levels of the organization, from Director level to first time Hiring Managers, occasional interaction at VP level may also be required
- Influence managers to change current practices and behaviour.
- Maintain effective and collaborative working relationships with other teams involved in the onboarding process (Security, HR Operations) to ensure that time to start targets are met
- Ensure consistently accurate and complete data to HR Operations to support this for assigned roles
- Proactively seek to resolve any barriers to successfully onboarding candidates and maintain a positive candidate experience (e.g. security, references, IT etc.).
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.