Our Calgary based Integrated Oil company requires a Safety Advisor to join their team for a one year contract position starting in early January 2019. Some travel in and around southern Alberta is required for this role
REASON FOR OPENING/PROJECT:
To backfill a position that has recently become open as a result of team member is transferring to a different position within the Business Unit
This position works is responsible for Health and Safety activities within the Southern Alberta Operations This position will partner with the management of the business unit to foster a continuous improvement culture focused on process and occupational safety, and operational integrity.
CANDIDATE VALUE PROPOSITION:
This position is accountable for providing technical and functional Process & Occupational Safety support and assistance to the business unit or site assigned. Additionally, this position will champion the implementation of Process and/or Occupational Safety processes that are aligned with the Operational Integrity Management System (HOIMS Element 2) and measure compliance to regulatory standards and statutes for all aspects of Process & Occupational Safety specific to the operations of the assigned business unit.
- Support a clear P&OS vision that generates commitment and support from all staff (employees and contractors) in the business unit.
- Develop implement and maintain business unit or site specific Process & Occupational Safety (P&OS) systems and processes ensuring these are corporately aligned and applied consistently.
- Support incident investigations to identify root cause.
- Participate, as required, in site audits and assessments of P&OS processes.
- Support the business unit to meet established P&OS performance metrics, ensuring compliance to regulatory standards
- Deliver and implement Process and Occupational Safety initiatives to staff (employees and contractors) in the business unit.
- Identify incident and injury trends to develop a zero harm working environment and culture.
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Related post-secondary education or equivalent experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Occupational Health and Safety Certificate/Diploma or Degree from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Certified Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) or equivalent
- Minimum 2-3 yrs. experience in a process and safety environment
- Minimum 2-3 yrs. working knowledge of performing safety audits and inspections
- Minimum of 5-7 yrs. experience in the oil and gas industry
- Valid Drivers License
NICE TO HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Previous experience with Practical Loss Control Leadership
- Minimum 2-3 yrs. experience with Root Cause Analysis and Incident Investigations
- Minimum 2-3 yrs. working knowledge of SAP or other Enterprise software
- Strong analytical, interpretive, organizational and problem-solving skills;
- Self-starter with a pro-active approach to problem identification and resolution
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent judgment, problem-solving and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills within a multi-task environment
If you bring the mentioned skills and experiences to the table, then we would love to chat you!
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.