Our large IT client is recognized by customers as Canada’s leading Aerospace company.
We are looking for a Safety Engineering Specialist – Senior to support the team.
Duration: 12 months
Location: North York, Ontario
What we are looking for:
- + 5 year train control experience and/or automatic control in the other industry, such as aircraft, industry.
- A detailed knowledge of system requirements definition/design, safety and risk analysis.
- Good technical writing skills, good communication and analytical skills.
- Computer skills, MS Office, DOORS, Modeling, Data Bases.
- Experience with or exposure to safety/mission-critical systems, and exposure to hazard, fault-tree and failure modes and effects analysis, plus statistical modeling and analysis of complex software/hardware/human systems are assets
- To assure the safety of products and services is maintained.
- To ensure System Requirements are accurately and completely defined
- To provide “systems safety designs” which meet specifications and budgets.
- To ensure that System Design meets the customer and regulatory requirements
- To develop new and creative methods for analyzing equipment designs and problem-solving in order to identify effective design solutions to meet operational and safety objectives.
- To work with others as a team member and to enhance the image of RAMS Engineering within the company and with our customers.
- To maintain high personal productivity while working interactively with many other suppliers and user groups
- To keep up to date on new analysis techniques.
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.