Our client in the Mining Sector has an immediate opening for a Safety Specialist for their site in Port Hope, ON on a rotation opportunity.
- Ensures construction activities comply with site and major projects safety health environment and quality (MP SHEQ) requirements and monitors daily activities to identify hazardous conditions and implementation of safe work procedures to ensure safety and environmental requirements are met.
- Responsible for ensuring all safety, health and environmental procedures and work instructions are followed including radiation protection.
- Conducts and monitors SHEQ related training for construction management team (CMT) personnel and contractors.
- Reviews field level risk assessments and TASC safety cards for quality adherence.
- Monitors compliance to MP Safety Absolutes procedure.
- Assess qualifications of construction contractor personnel.
- Participate in constructability reviews upon request.
- Ensure timely notification occurs of significant events.
- Conducts daily and weekly job site inspections.
- Identifies and reviews various health and safety concerns specific to the work site.
- Investigates injuries, accidents and near misses as per site corrective action processes.
- Assist in Job Hazard Analyses and monitor their quality and implementation.
- Conduct CMT SHEQ orientation for CMT staff and construction contractor personnel.
- Monitors quality of construction contractor incident investigations and ensures effective and appropriate corrective actions are implemented in a timely manner.
- Attends key meetings concerning SHEQ areas of responsibilities including contractor kick-off meetings.
- Experience performing all of the above mentioned responsibilities for 4-9 years
- CSO designation or equivalent
Please apply with your resume if you're a good fit, and one of us will get in touch with you!
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.