Do you want to work for the largest Chemical Manufacturing companies? They are currently looking for a Sales & Marketing Support Specialist, Cosmetic Effect Pigments to support their facility in Tarrytown, New York. If you’re interested and qualified, we urge you to apply!
Position: Sales & Marketing Support Specialist, Cosmetic Effect Pigments
Duration: Until October 2019
Our client is seeking a passionate sales & marketing support specialist to assist our commercial team in positioning our effect pigment brand as the best choice for color cosmetic and personal care formulations in the North American market. This position will support the cosmetic sales team and its customers as well as provide operational support to the marketing function in North America. This position will be located in Tarrytown, NY and will report to the Associate Marketing Manager for Color Cosmetics.
The ideal candidate will be able to multi-task, will be team oriented, agile and highly supportive to a demanding and dynamic sales environment. The candidate must display a high level of responsiveness to customer needs as this is one of the key success factors for the successful acquisition of new business as well as maintaining existing business in a very challenging market environment. To be successful in this role the candidate must be highly self-motivated, exercise good judgment with respect to prioritization and decision making, communicate professionally and work effectively in a team environment. The candidate must demonstrate the ability to interface closely with the external market, customers, consultants, industry associations, as well as internal functions including marketing, product management, sales, customer service, supply chain, and technical.
- Investigates price discrepancies, maintains all prices in SAP, and records price exceptions in database.
- Supports sales team with sample requests, acts as primary backup while sales team is travelling. Follows up on sample orders for sales as needed.
- Distribute customer sample and price requests in UL Prospector to appropriate distributor contacts.
- Coordination of communication between sales and internal support functions such as marketing, product management, supply chain, credit, and customer care. Assist customers to other client business contacts as applicable.
- Acts as customer liaison for quality management and product regulatory inquiries including customer surveys and supporting technical documentation.
- Responsible for all effect pigment customer communications related to pricing and maintains customer contact list. Coordinates pricing activities with Mexico.
- Supports sales team with price quotes for new business and customer requests for updated price and product lists.
- Provides overall field sales support as needed and represents sales in special projects on an as needed basis.
- Assist with monthly forecasting by gathering available forecasts from customers and sales.
- Provides operational support for production and fulfillment of all marketing collateral including launch presentations, brochures, one page promotional, color card updates, and annual color trends program.
- Coordinates shipment of color cards, applications, and brochures to distributors, customers, and regional offices.
- Supports marketing team with UL Prospector updates and photo database maintenance.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing or Science
- Proficiency in SAP pricing management
- 2-5 years’ experience in sales or marketing function in personal care industry or color cosmetics a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills