Our class leading Energy client is looking for a SAP ABAP Developer to join their team for a twelve (12) month contract position in their downtown Calgary office.
- 12+ years' experience of development work in the SAP modules FI, CO, MM, SD in ECC 6 environments or later versions of SAP.
- 12+ years' experience in programming using ABAP techniques to support interfaces, reports, SAP Smart Forms, SAP script, enhancements and conversions.
- Experience in
- updating programs, using BAPI and BDC, ABAP report creation, file processing and enhancements including BADI enhancements.
- ABAP and ABAP-OO on SAP HANA utilizing the latest language additions
- RICEFW, ALE, BAdIs, BAPIs, IDocs, User-exits and Enhancements
- SAP Workflow design, change and support (BRF+, Class-based Workflow) Business Add-Ins, BAdI , Enhancement Framework, User-Exits, BTE
- ABAP Workbench
- Technical specification, unit testing, and integration deliverables.
- Experience in large-scale SAP implementation experience strongly preferred
- Understand business processes and challenges and being able to translate them into requirements and solutions
- Workflow knowledge is a plus.
- Understand SAP Tools, SAP Application Servers & Netweaver platforms among others for building business applications.
- Also being able to perform routine (non-upgrade) SAP basis and security work
- Taking pride in providing quality code without taking shortcuts
- As a team player share knowledge and respect with and for your colleagues
- Able to deal with small (e.g. 3-10 people)
- Using your expertise to voice constructive opinions
- Strong problem solving, and technical analysis skills and experience.
- Detail oriented and able to work collaboratively with functional analysts
- Working in teams and understanding the roles of each person on the project team
- Express difficult and complex concepts clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
What is the one or two key essential skills that will make this person succeed
- Competent and professional programmer
- Excellent team player
- Great communication with team members
- A Bachelors and/or a Master's degree preferred
- SAP ABAP certifications
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.