Our North American Midstream Energy client has an immediate need for an SAP Enterprise Support Analyst to join their team for a one year contract position in their Calgary office.
The SAP Enterprise Support IV analyst typically has the combined responsibilities of an SAP Business Analyst, SAP Application Support Analyst and an SAP Functional Analyst. Responsibilities can include both day-to-day support and/or participation in both large and small projects. The analyst possesses a high level of expertise not only of a specific SAP module, but often also has expertise with a specific function within an SAP module (ESS/MSS, Payroll Tax, etc). They will serve as an expert, provide configuration expertise, and are knowledgeable of integration requirements with other SAP modules. 10+ years experience.
Specific responsibilities/tasks can include:
- Serving as a liaison between the business community and SAP teams. They are responsible for ensuring there is a two way flow of information between all groups and management as needed.
- Ensuring requirements are captured for creation of functional and/or technical specifications and may participate in development of process specs.
- Troubleshooting issues as reported by business, and researching assigned requests using various internal and external resources.
- Leading small projects and directing less senior team members as needed.
- Delivering daily SAP application support management and analysis services, ensuring timely response and resolution to support requests and aligning efforts with daily demand and activity.
- Tracking and reporting on assigned deliverables, facilitating discussions and meetings as needed, providing options and proposed solutions and determining completion timelines.
- Performing review of assigned change requests with respect to guidelines/policies, making updates and recommending changes as appropriate.
- Documenting change requests in change request tools as required for SOX and audit purposes.
- As needed, representing SAP interests in hardware infrastructure maintenance and planning, and in root cause analysis reviews.
- Recommending process changes as experience permits.
- Participating in the design, documentation and testing of the interfaces between SAP and other applications, and is able to construct detailed end-to-end integration tests between SAP and any internal or external systems. Provides input into the Test Plans for Functional Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Working with process owners, application consultants, system development teams and/or any others as needed to ensure the correct processes are tested, relevant test scenarios are developed, and all functional requirements are covered.
- Ensures various forms of testing are covered: including unit, integration and regression testing.
Deliverables can include:
- End-to-end business process maps and end-to-end integration test scenarios.
- Clearly identified test data requirements and setup requirements for IT scenario execution
- Progress reporting.
- Qualifications can include:
- Experience of developing functional and test scenarios from design documentation.
- Experience of identifying test data requirements.
- Expertise or high level of knowledge of specific integration software (BSI, ADP, Vertex, Ariba, etc).
- Strong analytical skills and ability to synthesize information quickly.
- Excellent at analyzing complex processes and breaking down into test steps.
- Excellent facilitation skills and getting results through working with others (strong interpersonal skills).
- Self-starter attitude and approach to work.
- Good at working in and with teams.
- Thorough attention to detail.
- Able to see the big picture as well as the detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to engage key stakeholders and end users.
- Ability to resolve issues and provide effective solutions to meet everyone’s needs.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.