Our market leading energy client has an immediate need for a Planner Scheduler based out of their head office in Calgary Alberta. Could this be you?
Roles & Responsibilities
Demonstrate safety-oriented culture within the group and perform the work safely Strong oral and written communication skills are key to this role with ability to interface with broad skill base.
- Facilitate project meetings to develop integrated project schedules and document supporting schedule basis and maintenance plan
- Work with project and opportunity management teams to develop early project schedules the right level of detail to support project gate reviews
- Ensure Project Schedule activities are coded by the project work breakdown structure for cost / schedule integration and analysis.
- Manage multiple integrated schedules at an appropriate level of detail to facilitate risk identification, decision making and project progression
- Ongoing communication with the responsible teams to ensure buy in and credibility of the schedule is maintained through frequent updates
- Define and optimize critical paths, perform total float analysis and notify project management status of critical activities and schedule risks.
- Produce consolidated progress reports and analysis Schedule Analysis: Conduct “what-if” scenarios, recovery plans, contingency planning and identify schedule compression opportunities.
- Perform schedule risk analysis (gather data, input data, analyze, report) on a periodic basis or as required. Seek innovation in scheduling and execution plans that could improve project economics Project Controls Team Member: Functional support to independent project reviews.
- Support standardization of Schedule Management deliverables and processes across all assets to achieve efficiencies within the team
- University or Technical School Graduate
- Language: English
- 10+ years of major oil & gas industry project experience from early stage development planning through construction
- 5+ years of experience scheduling with Primavera P6
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communication and facilitation skills
- Word Proven ability to work independently, take direction and work with all levels of management and project staff.
- Experience working on brown field projects, maintenance capital projects
- Travel 5-10% of time
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.