The Senior Scheduler reports to the Director of Administration.
Nature and Scope:
The incumbent schedules the Extrusion and Conversion departments for T-Shirt, Merchandise and Can Liner plant production as well as manages the in-process material and finished goods inventories. The Senior Scheduler performs these tasks in a timely and cost effective manner ensuring that delivery dates are met and the plant is scheduled to achieve maximum efficiencies. Backup is provided when necessary for the Logistics Assistant as well as assisting management in meeting overall objectives.
Skills and Qualifications:
The incumbent must be a well organized, detail oriented individual with strong analytical skills and a sound knowledge of Excel and Word . A College graduate with five years experience in a manufacturing environment preferably with scheduling experience. Excellent communication skills are required as the incumbent communicates with all levels within the organization.
1. Maintain daily reports re-capping stock items inventory, orders scheduled and roll stock inventory.
2. Review on hand inventory levels of stock items and determine quantities to be produced to ensure min / max levels are maintained.
3. Review custom orders and schedule to meet delivery dates.
4. Determine film requirements and schedules extrusion department accordingly.
5. Prepares dockets using the production reporting system.
6. Issue dockets and schedules for assigned areas and reviews schedules with plant management.
7. Review daily production reports, investigate and resolve problems, and re-issue schedules as required.
8. Creates conversion and Extrusion dockets for new items
1. Assist with the preparation of monthly projections for extrusion and conversion departments ensuring accuracy and completeness.
2. Train Logistic Assistant as a back up for this position
3. Backup Logistic Assistant as required.
4. Scrutinize new designs to ensure that they are correct, meet plant specifications and are in line with company policy
5. Assist management as required.