Our client is a leader in the Energy market in Alberta they have an immediate need for a Cyber Security Analyst to join their team for a three (3) month contract opportunity.
- Working with others
- Work collaboratively with Cybersecurtity Risk and Compliance, IT Services, ServiceDesk and End User support groups to ensure there are consistent monitoring, detection and response processes in place.
- Assist business groups with performing their tasks in a secure manner.
- Keep management informed about new and upcoming security threats, advisories, issues, and trends.
- Responsible for monitoring, identification, investigation, reporting, and mitigating of cyber security threats and risks with respect to computer systems (virus, spam, ramsomware, etc.).
- Monitor external events and security logs to identify new threats, vulnerabilities and incidents.
- Proactively analyze and work with other IT operational teams to respond to security events from Firewall (FW), Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Antivirus (AV), Security Information and Event Management systems (SIEM), and other security data sources.
- Incident response
- Provide first and second-level support and analysis during and after a security incident.
- Fix detected vulnerabilities to maintain a high-security standard.
- Perform incident analysis by correlating data from various sources and determine if a critical system or data set has been impacted using HEAT or Avanti ITSM systems.
- Communicate security findings and issues to management chain including escalations.
- Project work and planned changes
- Deliver operations changes to configuring, manage, and upgrade of FW, IDS/IPS, SEIM, AV, and a variety of other security products/appliances.
- Deliver assigned project tasks and activities as required.
- Assist with security planning and architecture discussion.
- Incident response
- Project work
- Planned changes
- Using their expertise to voice constructive opinions
- Blue Sky Thinking
- Working independently
- Communication skills
- Understanding of Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP, or Lean)
- Setting Sprint goals and managing team/self-capacity to meet deliverables
- Working with Sprint iterations and backlog grooming
- Working in teams and understanding the roles of each person on the project team
- Managing expectations
- Proven self-starter with the ability to multi-task and manage changing priorities under operational and incident pressure.
- Self-disciplined, self-motivated, with special attention to detail and technical accuracy.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Stay current on IT security trends and news
Other skills deemed necessary
- 8+ years of experience in a variety of IT roles with a minimum of 5+ years of experience in cybersecurity.
- Preferred candidates will have one or more certifications in Security/Networking including GMON, GCIH, GCFE, GCFA, CEH, GCIA, SSCP, and Network/Security+, or other security specific vendor/product certifications.
- One or more years of full time experience with one or more of the following security products: Checkpoint R 80, Cisco ESA, IBM Q Radar, McAfee EDR, CyberArk, Microsoft security products, and other related security products.
- Demonstrable knowledge of networking (routing/switching, topology, and security), operating systems (Windows and Linux), and web technologies (Internet security)
What is the one or two key essential skills that will make this person succeed with their manager and the projects?
- Cybersecurity expertise
- Good communicator
Certifications in Security/Networking including GMON, GCIH, GCFE, GCFA, CEH, GCIA, SSCP, and Network/Security+
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.