Looking for Senior Accountant in Regina Saskatchewan with one of Mining Industry.
This position is responsible for full-cycle accounting, overseeing accounts payable duties, and budgeting and will work with the corporate accounting team based in Vancouver. This is a fastpaced role that requires the individual to be able to multi-tasking, hands on, and detail oriented.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Reporting directly to the Accounting Manager, this person will be responsible for all day to day accounting functions for the company as well as other duties including but not limited to:
- Perform full cycle accounting duties which include but not limited to bookkeeping, monthend closing, accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, employee expense reports, and payroll duties
- Preparation of month-end closing activities including, but not limited to, month-end and quarter-end variance analysis, bank reconciliations, preparation of balance sheet continuity schedules, month-end journal entries, and accruals
- Work with Vancouver accounting team monthly, quarterly and annually to develop accurate and timely accounting reports
- Assist accounting manager with notes to the IFRS financial statements and MD&A as needed
- Reconcile monthly inter-company transactions and expense allocations
- Provide other financial information and requests from senior management
- Assist in preparing annual budgets and monthly budget-variance report
- Work closely with project team to ensure construction and project completes within budget
- Work with project team to ensure proper accounting and internal controls are maintained on a company-wide basis
- Provide support to external auditors’ queries and information request.
- Preparation of GST returns, WCB and assist with other tax returns as require.
- May involve in other duties and ad hoc assignments
Qualifications and Skills:
- Full cycle accounting experience is required
- Experience with mining / construction or industrial operation is preferred
- Working experience in a public company is an asset
- 5-10 years in an accounting role with 2 or more years in an intermediate or senior level
- Familiar with Sage 50 (formerly Simply Accounting) is a must.
- Strong command of the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word)
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting / business or related discipline
- An accounting designation is preferred, but candidates with equivalent experience will be considered
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English
- Excellent time management skills
- The ability to work with minimal supervision
- Travel to site as required