Our client, a successful medium sized boutique Architect firm in Edmonton is growing and adding a Senior Architectural Technologist to their team. Their social and friendly office is design driven, service oriented and passionate about the buildings they create.
They are successfully serving institutional, commercial, multi-tenant residential and industrial clients for 30+ years across Alberta, Saskatchewan and British Columbia.
Additionally, our client has a very team oriented, dynamic, supportive and enthusiastic office culture with opportunities for growth and development.
The Senior Architectural Technologist is responsible for creating and coordinating contract documents, reviewing drawings, coordinating with consultants and supporting projects through to contract administration and completion. The position provides technical expertise to the firm and acts as the technical lead on architectural design projects, participating in the design and construction process as well as providing input or support to achieve project objectives.
- Prepare working drawings; ensuring that they are coordinated effectively; having correspondence with consultants to make sure everything stays up to date.
- Research construction materials and methods for specific project application; provides guidance on architectural detail to in-house contract document production teams.
- Do markups on the drawings and make corrections; prioritizing drawing projects based on urgency.
- Research construction materials and methods for specific project application; provide input on architectural details.
- Communicates effectively with clients, consultants and staff to maintain company’s reputation for quality.
- Prepares and/or reviews written project specifications.
- Stays abreast of current technologies and materials through attendance at seminars, product demonstrations, etc.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of company drafting standards and standard details.
- Ensure timely and accurate design and delivery of drawings and plans.
- All drawings or designs created must be in line with current drafting/design standards, including use of revision control
- Ensure the production of accurate drawings, building details and drawing templates in compliance with applicable building codes and standards. Bring issues on the projects to the attention of the Architect.
- Communication is ongoing, clear, concise, and complete.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date filing and cataloguing of drawings and plans.
- Maintain up-to-date current company drafting and design standards.
- Keep up-to-date on building codes, drafting/design practices.
- Maintains capability on MS Word, Sketch-up and AutoCAD software; capability on Revit.
- Minimum of 8 years related experience in a Canadian/US architecture firm.
- Post-secondary diploma in Architectural Technology from a recognized Institution.
- Strong knowledge of building codes, standards and building structures.
- Understanding of building construction and the value of effective technical documents.
- Knowledge of technical detailing, construction process, construction industry.
- Excellent interpersonal, multi-tasking, coordination and organizational abilities.
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills.
- Good proofreading capabilities with a strong attention to detail.
- Detail and process oriented with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to visualize in 3D.
- Strong relationship-management skills with the ability to work effectively with a diverse team and direct and manage the work of others.
- An effective communicator with strong listening, oral and written skills.
- Proficient in AutoCAD/Revit, InDesign, Photoshop, PDF editing software, MS Office.