Our prestigious Energy client is currently looking for a Senior Auditor for a seven (7) month contract, starting as soon as possible, reporting to the Director of Contract Assurance. The main function of the Senior Auditor is to conduct contract audits. This individual must able to analyze contracts, as well as understand key requirements and needs of all stakeholders involved. They will plan, conduct, prepare audit reports and provide plans for a correction on discrepancies and/or deficiencies. This individual must be able to communicate effectively with both clients and management on audit findings.
This role is based out of the Calgary downtown office. The ability to travel will be required as the need arises. Travel may be required for up to 20% of time, which would be expensed as incurred.
Self-motivated individual that can work independently and in a team environment. Individuals will need to have confidence to reach out subject matter experts and involve stakeholders to achieve optimal results.
Soft skills: Candidate needs to possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills as they will be interacting with various stakeholders across the organization. The individual must demonstrate the ability to be self-motivated as the role does require most of the work to be done independently. Furthermore, the individual would need to have a high level of curiosity; willing to learn new things, ask lots of questions, not be satisfied with superficial responses and put themselves into new situations.
Candidate Value Proposition:
- Broad experience
- Working with substantial monetary contracts
- Opportunity to move around the organization
- Sharpen commercial and business skills
- Have satisfaction of creating demonstrable results
- Plan and Complete Contract Audits
- Analyze and interpret contracts
- Interact with stakeholders and subject matter experts to ensure findings are relevant and optimized
- Communicate audit findings with both clients and management
- Project manage a small team to complete audits as required
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Related post-secondary degree (business, finance, engineering, legal, etc.)
- 8+ years of related experience in Contract Audits
- Ability to communicate effectively with management, stakeholders, and contractors
- Ability to wrangle large amounts of data while understanding its application to contracts
NICE TO HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Oil and Gas experience
- Professional designation, i.e. CPA, PEng, LLB
If you bring the mentioned skills and experiences to the table, then we would love to chat you!
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.