Senior Construction & Land Development Manager
- St. Catharines, Ontario
- Certified Engineering Technologist and/or Construction Project Management required
- Compensation starting at $100,000 plus company paid benefits and 3 weeks vacation
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a full-service construction company that prides themselves on providing strong and reliable products with excellent customer service. They are leaders in concrete construction for single and multi-unit residential construction, offering start to finish services including Footing, Foundation, and Flatwork.
As their new Senior Manager, you will be working on land development projects from acquisition to final assumption for residential builds. Supporting the approval process and participate in the home design stage to maximize land potential. This role with be 75% in office and 25% in the field with projects in the Niagara and surrounding areas.
What you will be doing…
Land Development and Planning
- Assist with the management of land development projects from acquisition to final assumption, with liaison between Sales/Marketing, Building/Architecture, Government Authorities, Consulting team and Contractors.
- Apply your technical engineering, planning and/or business skills to real land development projects.
- Assist with project scheduling, budgeting, cash flows and other financial reporting.
- Support management with municipal approvals: draft plans, zoning, site plans, subdivision registration etc.
- Obtain development approvals by working with multi-disciplined consultant teams and government authorities.
- Maintain appropriate records of approvals, engineering plans, permits etc. for individual projects.
- Manage planning studies, development applications and reviews consultant proposals
- Develops project budgets, administers bidding process, verifies contract expenditures and compliance
- Liaises with municipal staff, councilors and other agencies as required to advance the development approvals process
- Present reports and other findings to staff, the Planning and Zoning board, and council and serves as liaison to such committees
- Manages the consultant team to ensure timely and cost-efficient deliver of planning and engineering approval
- Supervises junior planners within the company
- Prepares and regularly update project schedules
- Manage trades during the site servicing phase of development
- Completes due diligence on potential development sites including but not limited to the review of planning approval timelines, constraints, opportunities and potential yield
- Responsible for the administration and management of various construction projects
- Work closely with stakeholders to coordinate and ensure the schedule, safety and quality control
- Work alongside the owner, architects and engineers to facilitate design and construction processes
- Manage estimating, scheduling, quality control, reporting progress, reviewing and coordinating design and safety coordination
- Manage the buyout of the project and assist in selecting subcontractors
- Communicate effectively with all parties involved in the project
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering – preferred
- C.E.T., Construction Management or another related field – required
- 10+ years of industry experience
- Proven experience to manage projects full cycle
- A team player and collaborator
- Technologically savvy
- Previous experience in residential low-rise and mid-rise
- Experience working closely with developers
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.