The Senior Desktop Specialist role is to ensure proper computer operation so that end users have superb experience from their workplace technology. This position will provide a high-touch services and will train others in providing excellent services to their clients. This position will be the technical expert on all areas of end user technology support and top, hands on expertise in this area is crucial for the success of this position. The Senior Desktop Specialist will also work on assessing current environments and make appropriate recommendations in combining End User requirements from two distinct organizations into one working desktop image.
- Architect and design OS images based on current and future requirements.
- Designs and oversee improvements of Desktop security and performance monitoring
- Validates the level of effort to implement solutions within the engineering vertical
- Evaluating and designing current and new products and solutions to be implemented.
- Analyze and recommend improvements to pre-packaged software as needed using automated deployment tools.
- Troubleshoots complex end user problems and brings them to resolution.
- Provide technical recommendation and guidance to IT Team.
- Advise on the build workstation/laptop images
- Review current desktop security patching activity and provide recommendations for improvement
- Research and remediate desktop security vulnerabilities
- Systematically resolve issues related to workstations and laptops
- Work closely with System and Desktop engineers to resolve issues
- Create and maintain system documentation, policies, and procedures for domain technologies related to installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and security.
- Perform knowledge transfer sessions throughout the duration of the contract.
- Microsoft Windows Server and workstation administration with expert understanding of Active Directory, policies, profiles, and permissions. (MCSE Mobility preferred)
- Provides a high touch, desk side support to end users.
- Ensures minimal disruption during upgrades and migrations.
- Top expertise in troubleshooting tablet, laptop, desktop issues, authentication and access issues.
- MCSA Windows 10 Certification
- CompTIA A+ Certification
- Network+ Certification
- Advanced troubleshooting of complex integrated hardware and software environments
- Expertise with various virtualization platforms and operating systems
- In depth knowledge of key technologies including Enterprise Mobility, Office 365, Collaboration, Messaging, Video Conference equipment and Unified communication
- Expertise with supporting remote access technologies, SSO, SaaS and Cloud based applications.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft SCCM