Our client, one of Canada’s largest integrated oil companies has an immediate need for a Senior Executive Assistant to join their team in Calgary at the head office location. This would be a three (3) month contract position.
We are seeking a highly professional Executive Assistant who demonstrates strong business judgment in all aspects of communication, superior organizational skills and enjoys working in a busy environment with changing priorities.
This position will provide direct professional administrative support to the Senior Vice President of Exploration. Assisting with a variety of duties related to planning events, managing Outlook calendar priorities and coordinating the collaboration of the
SharePoint site and HOMS folder structure for the Leadership Team on various activities.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Represent the Senior Vice President with positive energy and commitment to proactively deal with all levels of management in changing priorities and inquiries.
- Independently manage the SVP's calendar, review meeting appointments to ensure he is prepared with applicable materials, and remain agile to manage high priority or urgent meeting requests from the C-Suite and Senior Executive Management team.
- Liaise with departmental Vice-Presidents and their Assistants to request, gather and summarize information.
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Some post-secondary education is an asset, Administrative Professional diploma, or equivalent training and business experience.
- Intermediate or higher skills within SharePoint and/or HOMS.
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation.
- Ability to influence organization with respect to motivation of people, business delivery and effectiveness.
- Strong gatekeeping skills yet highly approachable, friendly, and collaborative.
- Extremely professional, confident, and a high level of integrity.
- Able to handle last minutes changes, ambiguity, exercise good judgment without a need to escalate.
- Be familiar with policy and how it applies to employee time entry, travel requests, expense claims, etc.
- Act as an approachable gatekeeper, understanding the needs and priorities of the SVP.
- Handle the logistics and coordination of highly visible onsite and offsite meetings with as many as 350 people in attendance; including Quarterly Business Reviews, Bi-Annual Town Halls, Biweekly Leadership Team Meetings and 1-1 Leadership meetings.
- Coordinate with Human Resources on workforce management and other initiatives for the Business Unit.
- Act as the administrator for the departmental SharePoint site and HOMS folder structures.
- Monitor/facilitate the collection and upload of reports, information, and data for leadership.
- Manage the document approval process and participate in a weekly line-of-sight meeting with the SVP to establish a game plan for the week ahead.
- Time Management: must have an innate sense of which projects to prioritize
- Complete SVP business travel arrangements and organize logistics.
- Maintain delegates, floor plans, departmental communications, and organizational charts.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to a team of between 5-7 administrators.
- Other ad-hoc tasks or projects as required.
Must have qualifications
- 10- 12 years of experience in an Executive Administrative position supporting at a Senior VP and/or VP level, preferably in the petroleum industry.
- Advanced calendar management through MS Outlook and event logistics/coordinating skills.
- Proficiency in Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 2013: Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, and working-knowledge of SAP
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Ability to work independently with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization and geographic locations within the company
- Skilled in planning and organizing and able to adapt to quickly changing priorities
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation,
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.