Our market leading energy client has an immediate need for a Senior Finance Analyst to join their team as a subject matter expert for the financial systems and processes on a major business unit. This is a 9 month contract position located in their Calgary head office location.
The role will develop and utilize an expert level of knowledge of the Oracle Enterprise Financial System (Project Accounting and General Ledger modules), Hyperion, and the processes that feed them. That knowledge along with superior communication skills and effective rapport with project teams will enable the individual to be viewed as the Business Unit’s financial system master. Areas of focus will be on reporting, budgeting, and forecasting the results of Major Projects support departments as well as managing the financial structures employed by MP.
- For all MP projects, lead the bi- monthly cash flow forecast process and communicate results to financial stakeholders. This includes analysis of variances, development of scorecard results and preparation of presentations for senior management and stakeholder groups. This also involves maintaining strong relationships with all parties and training of forecast preparers.
- Independently budget, forecast and report the financial activities related to Major Project’s support groups and monitor labor rates to ensure that all appropriate costs are recovered. This also includes ensuring that costs allocated to MP are appropriate.
- Run & distribute monthly cost reports for CORE Sr. managers. Co-ordinate & facilitate quarterly meetings with CORE Sr. managers ensuring all Sr. managers and Directors have a good understanding of related costs.
- Proactively collaborate with Edmonton, Calgary and Houston Finance departments and MP project teams as required to meet Major Project’s reporting obligations.
- When required, assist in development of Board of Directors and public disclosures at quarter end and year end reporting periods.
- Translate MP business requirements into Oracle EFS structural hierarchies across the various business entities that MP supports.
- Provide responses to related ad hoc requests as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- High level of curiosity and a willingness to learn
- Exceptional Oracle EFS skills
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills with an attention to detail.
- Team Player with an ability to relate all levels in an organization.
- Current knowledge of US GAAP
- Exposure to earned value reporting and project cost control theory would be an asset
- Demonstrated proficiency in the standard MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- University degree and an Accounting designation with 7 years of experience, preferably in a Fortune 500 company.
- Prior experience with capital project management an asset.
- The position will require ongoing understanding of developments in the $30 billion project portfolio, and the ability to synthesize large amounts of data to provide accurate reporting frequently on both scheduled and ad hoc bases.
- The position will also need to determine the most efficient sources for the data requested and to ensure accuracy and consistency in content.
- There is a large variety of ad hoc requests stemming from multiple sources which provide challenging opportunities but also the need to prioritize amongst the tasks.
- The role will require interaction with various financial departments (EI, EPI, EEP), project controls, reporting staff on 10+ project teams, support group management, and MP senior management.
- Office Environment
- Expected to be able to prioritize work to meet tight deadlines.
- Extremely dynamic work environment with an ever-changing portfolio of projects.
- Minimal domestic travel.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.