Are you a detail-oriented accounting professional who’s looking forward to an assignment with a large corporation? Then you’d love to chat with us about your next rewarding and challenging assignment.
Our Oil & Gas client is looking for a Senior Fixed Asset Accounting Analyst for Houston, Texas on contract assignment. Responsible for accurately and timely reporting of Capital Assets transactions. Will be necessary to leverage Oracle knowledge and project management skills.
Process internal and external reporting deliverable to meet fixed assets accounting, FERC regulation, income tax and property tax business requirements and respond to ad hoc fixed assets information requests.
This role is from capital asset perspective with legacy Oracle team. They are looking for somebody who has:
- Direct Oracle experience.
- Direct acquired to retired fixed experience. Minimum of 2 years.
- Exposure to SOX compliance.
- Well versed in Microsoft excel is must
- General understanding of GAAP and regulatory experience.
- Preparation of recurring internal and external deliverable to meet business requirements and respond to ad hoc information requests on an as needed basis
- Collaborate with various stakeholder groups to support preparation of reports & analysis
- Research technical accounting guidance based on enterprise wide Capital Policy & GAAP
- Analyze complex Fixed Assets accounting transactions in support of Capital Assets accounting using Oracle and/or PowerPlan
- Address Audit requests from Internal audit, PwC and Sox
- Maintain key internal controls resulting in favorable compliance
- All Liquids, Major Projects, Liquids, Gas and Green Energy entities accounted for by the Capital Assets Shared Services Center
Skills / Education
- BA/BS degree in Finance or Accounting
- 2-3 years of progressively responsible experience
- Able to work well under tight deadlines for project completion
- Solid technical GAAP accounting knowledge and in-depth understanding of Sox compliance.