Our Public Sector Client in Toronto, ON is looking to hire a Full Stack Developer for a 12 month contract
As a Full Stack Developer, He/she is responsible to work with a team on constructing solutions that fully integrate and collaborate with existing IT systems to solve complex business solutions. Candidate should have a holistic view of enterprise solutions, taking into consideration operational costs, security, performance engineering, application development, and systems management.
* Knowledge & Skills
- Candidate must be able to work with a team on constructing solutions that fully integrate and collaborate with existing IT systems to solve complex business solutions. Candidate should have a holistic view of enterprise solutions, taking into consideration operational costs, security, performance engineering, application development, and systems management.
- Candidate for this position must be capable of playing different roles within the team, from high-skilled team member and technical leader to specialist and technical mentor.
- The candidate must have a sound understanding of API, enterprise integration patterns, technology architecture and infrastructure but also very good communication skills, with the ability to adapted them to different audiences.
- Java, Angular, Spring Boot, Microservices, Azure Cloud, Docker, Kubernetes, API Implementation
- Experience using backend technologies such as Java, Spring MVC, SQL Server, MySQL, NoSQL database like MongoDB or Cosmos DB on Linux operating system.
- Strong background in data structures and algorithms and computer science fundamentals.
- Ability to participate in the solution construct in Azure Cloud environment
- Experience and understanding of CI/CD, automated testing using opensource modern frameworks like Selenium, Jenkins etc.
- Strong Web application design and development experience
- Strong Object-Oriented programming experience and knowledge
- Strong understanding of networking, security and infrastructure
- Identify and define client requirements for the purpose of building a suitable solution to meet the business needs; prepare proposals for small to medium size projects or draft components of large proposals, demonstrating the added value to be gained from approval and implementation of the proposed project.
- Working with robust and scalable solutions to support Enterprise applications
- Utilize API’s using REST, Java, Spring Boot for application integrations.
- Analyse user needs using structured systems analysis techniques, working closely with client representatives to work with system specifications indicating clearly what the system is required to do; evaluate alternative system solutions available and recommend proposed approach.
- Test and customize the system it as required to meet user requirements, including translating system design into program design specifications and utilizing program specifications to resolve programming problems. Define, analyse and resolve technical issues and utilize program specifications.
- Prepare programs for installation and install system, including completion of related documentation; provide installation support (on-site/on-call as required). Conduct post implementation reviews and provide technical support and problem resolution as required.
- Function as a team representative on multi-branch projects.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required.
ABOUT IAN MARTIN:
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”