Our Public-Sector Client in Toronto, ON is looking to hire a Senior Guidewire Specialist for a 12-month contract with high possibility of extension.
As a Senior Guidewire Specialist, is responsible in providing oversight on the solutions that fully integrate and collaborate with existing IT systems to solve complex business solutions. Candidate should have a holistic view of enterprise solutions, taking into consideration operational costs, security, performance engineering, application development, and systems management.
Candidate for this position must be capable of playing different roles within the team, from lead to high-skilled developer and technical team leader to specialist and technical mentor.
The candidate must have a sound understanding of Guidewire applications, API, Enteprise Integration Patterns, technology architecture and infrastructure but also very good communication skills, with the ability to adapted them to different audiences.
3-5 years’ experience in Guidewire configuration and integration development using GOSU with PolicyCenter, ClaimCenter, Billing Center and Contact Manager
5+ years of experience developing web based Java/J2EE applications.
Attention to detail and ability to oversee multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- High level of independence but also able to work as a team player.
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Strong communication, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented design and methodologies.
- Familiar with SDLC including Water Fall and Agile.
- Experience working on development teams for large internet based front-end applications.
- Guidewire Certification is preferred.
- Ability to conduct effective code reviews.
- Hands-on experience, working knowledge and strong technical skills in the following technologies:
- 5+ years’ experience designing and supporting implementation of Guidewire products
- 2+ years’ experience in ESB, Guidewire Plug-ins, Messaging, and API.
- Proficiency in designing, implementing and supporting packaged Vendor products.
- Integration with Web Content Management tools
- Source Code version tools such as Apache Subversion, and Git, GitHub.
- Experience with Jenkins and Bitbucket
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”