If you are a seasoned Audit Consultant and love the idea of working with national and global organizations to add value and allow you to gain valuable on-the-job experience, please consider applying to the following position.
Our client’s Risk Consulting practice is growing in Winnipeg, MB. We are looking for a strong Internal Audit Risk and Compliance Consultant to join our client’s dynamic Risk Consulting team. The successful candidate will focus primarily on the delivery of internal audit, risk and compliance services but also needs to demonstrate flexibility in working on other risk consultant projects as required.
Role and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be involved in the delivery of client services including:
- Assist organizations with the establishment of internal audit functions and development of risk assessments and internal audit plan.
- Assist organizations with the development, implementation, and execution of internal audit plans and projects in an outsourcing or co-sourcing arrangement.
- Assist organizations with the delivery of specialized internal audit, internal control, and regulatory compliance projects.
- Delivery of internal audit training.
- Participate in the delivery of internal audit, risk and compliance (financial and operational) related engagement presentations and deliverables to clients.
- Participate in the development of client engagement plans, deliverables and expectations as well as review the quality of the fieldwork and deliverables prepared by engagement members.
- Simultaneously deliver multiple client engagements of varying size, scope and complexity.
- Deliver work that is on time, high quality work that is in compliance with the Firm’s quality standards.
Skills & Qualifications
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and behaviors:
- Bachelor degree in an appropriate field from an accredited college/university.
- Aspiration to pursue further relevant certification of education such as a CPA,CIA, PMP
- Preference given to candidates with 2-3 years of experience with a public accounting firm, advisory services delivering internal audit and/or internal control projects or services.
- Previous experience with delivery of internal controls work, including documentation and testing of controls is desirable.
- Applicants with comparable experience in External Audit / Attestation will also be considered.
- Experience with using data analytics to assist with the delivery of engagements is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Attention to detail with solid organizational and analytical skills required.
- Flexible in their style and willing to learn new ways, methods and approaches.
- Self-motivated and is willing to ask probing questions to uncover client opportunities.
- Highly adaptive and flexible.
If you bring the mentioned skills and experiences to the table, then we would love to chat you!
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.