Our Public Sector Client in Toronto, ON is looking to hire a Senior Java Developer for a 6+ month contract with high possibility of extension.
As a Senior Java Developer, is responsible as a trusted technical resource to satisfy complex requirements related to application development of Clients e-services
• The Senior Java Developer has a bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, software & systems design, engineering or related field required
• @ 10 years of experience in full stack java web application development
• Has a thorough understanding of WebSphere Portal, Apache Struts & Spring framework and spring security.
• Hands on experience in designing, developing and successful deployment of complex web applications end-to-end on portal technologies.
• Has experience and knowledge of Database modeling and performance tuning.
• Has a working knowledge of information security requirements and implementations
• Experience in following the iterative and Agile SDLC or SCRUM methodology.
Knowledge & Skills:
• At least 10 years’ experience on J2EE technologies (Core Java, Servlets, EJB, MDB, JMS, JSF, JSP, Struts MVC, Spring MVC, Spring Framework, Spring Security, Sessions)
• Expertise designing and developing REST (Representational State Transfer)full API’s
• Knowledge of WebSphere, Oracle Portal, Sun LDAP, Oracle Access Manager & Identity Manager, (in order to transition from old to new technology stack)
• Hands on knowledge of AIX, Windows Server, Linux /Unix OS-based systems and Unix shell scripting
• Strong background in data structures and algorithms and computer science fundamentals; Hands on knowledge of RDBMS, IBM DB2, Oracle DB
• Tools – Confluence, JIRA, Jenkins, Git, VSTS, VS Code, Eclipse, IBM RAD, Maven
• Writing unit test cases (JUnit)
• Superior analytical, problem solving and debugging skills
• Excellent communication and written skills.
The Senior Java Developer will act as a trusted technical resource to satisfy complex requirements related to application development of Clients eservices including;
• Work closely with the Development Lead and Manager in a consultative approach
• Utilize and test the system, customizing it as required to meet user requirements, including translating system design into program design specifications and developing program specifications to resolve programming problems. Define, analyze and resolve technical issues and develop program specs.
• Maintain and execute test plans and functional test scripts for new and modified components
• Participate in code and configuration review processes
• Utilize programs for implementation and install the system, including completion of related documentation, provide installation support (on-site/on-call as required). Conduct post-implementation reviews and provide technical support and problem resolution as required.
• Provide input to work estimates for use in project planning activities
• Follow Clients project management and SDLC disciplines to ensure structured and effective implementation
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”