Our utility client in Akron, OH is looking to hire a Senior Recruiter for a 12-month contract role.
This position is responsible for providing full cycle recruiting and consulting for all exempt positions. Through the development of strong working relationships with hiring managers, you will be responsible for developing creative sourcing strategies and qualifying candidates for open positions.
- Reviewing resumes and credentials for appropriateness of skills, experience, education and knowledge in relation to position requirements.
- Creating candidate sourcing strategies.
- Developing job specific pre-screening questions in conjunction with hiring manager requirements.
- Utilizing the e-Recruiting system to manage the recruiting process, capture candidate data and disposition candidates.
- Conducting phone screens, interviews, and employee benefit overviews.
- Ensuring recruiting process is in compliance with State and Federal employment laws.
- Developing and maintaining a network of contacts to help identify and source qualified candidates.
- Creating and fostering relationships with diverse industry professionals and organizations to attract candidates to meet Affirmative Action and diversity goals.
- Serving as main point of contact for at least one diverse professional organization.
- Proactively identifying and recommending opportunities for continuous process improvements.
- Supporting the College Recruiting team by participating in events as needed.
- Providing ongoing feedback to management regarding successes and opportunities.
- Providing Hiring Managers with the top qualified candidates via the short-listing process.
- Providing complete and accurate information to motivate candidates and promote the values, strengths, and opportunities.
- Negotiating salary and benefit terms with candidates.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field required.
- 7 plus years of Full cycle recruiting experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with candidate development using creative sourcing strategies and resume mining.
- Strong organizational and follow up skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Must have outstanding negotiation and influencing skills.
- Familiarity with applicant tracking systems.
- Excellent presentation skills to highlight values, mission, strengths, and opportunities.
- Broad knowledge of Employment Laws and HR Policies.
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills.
- Must possess strong team building skills and be a positive contributor in a team environment.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and internet research.
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment with a high level of professionalism and motivation.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain composure in a high-volume, fast paced environment.
- Proven ability to develop and manage strong relationships with a broad range of individuals.
- Available to work before and after standard office hours as work requires.
- Must be able to travel to attend career events and conferences.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.