Our Public Sector Client in Toronto, ON is looking to hire a Senior Security Specialist for a 8+months of contract role with high possibility of extension.
As a Senior Security Specialist, responsible to work with the various areas of the ITC; application and technology architecture staff, business clients, development and technical staff to ensure the use and application of industry standard, best practice security architecture in order to optimize the effectiveness of Clients Corporate applications and databases.
- As a technical resource, work with the various areas of the ITC; application and technology architecture staff, business clients, development and technical staff to ensure the use and application of industry standard, best practice security architecture in order to optimize the effectiveness of Clients corporate applications and databases.
- Communicate security design criteria and techniques associated with the design of security applications and mechanisms including reusable components that can be easily modified to respond quickly to changing corporate and business needs.
- Provide project coordination and/or participation in the design of logical and physical security structures and mechanisms involving multiple purposes and systems across the Client.
- Assist with proposals for the IT Security and security architecture; recommends technical design features and alternatives to ensure proper procedures for classification, protection and contingency recovery, of common databases; identifies data components subject to privacy or confidentiality provisions
- Participate on cross functional projects for identifying security mechanisms to mitigate identified risks to an acceptable level.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent written & verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment
- Superior time management
- Solid research and analysis skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Strong business relationship management skills
- Experience with security architecture solutioning and design
- Knowledge of the ISO17799 standards, GO ITS, NIST, Carnegie Mellon, COBIT standards/frameworks
- Knowledge of Information Security risk assessment methodologies and standards
- Knowledge & Experience with the following systems / applications;
- IBM WebSphere MQ and Messaging Integration Middleware (Message Broker)
- IBM Customer Information Control System (CICS) z/OS
- IBM DB2 Database for AIX
- IBM DB2 on z/OS Mainframe
- IBM Cognos Analytics
- PeopleSoft Enterprise HRMS 9.1
- OpenText RightFax Server & Desktop Client Software
- Pitney Bowes Spectrum version 12
- Computer Associates TopSecret Security & CA1/CA7/CA11 Scheduler for z/OS
ABOUT IAN MARTIN:
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”