Our large IT client, is recognized by customers as Canada’s leading Aerospace company.
We are looking for a Senior Software Developer to support the team.
Duration: 9 months
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
To provide design, analysis and programming of Software for train control systems of Thales Canada Inc. To plan and direct work within the Product development team and provide technical guidance to other analysts.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years relevant work experience;
- Knowledge of Software Architecture and Object Oriented Design;
- Experienced in C Programming Language;
- Experience of testing with Vectorcast;
- Must have experience of the entire software development lifecycle;
- Knowledge of railway signalling techniques would be an asset;
- Understands and follows the company's processes and procedures for developing software applications.
- Implements real time systems in C/ C++.
- Conceptual and detailed designs of systems or portion of systems.
- Supervises design implementation of programs and tests identifying errors and omissions in requirements and ensures that they are resolved.
- Prepares reports, giving findings on problems.
- Supervises software engineers and staff in assignments/tasks, ensuring application of standards, practices/procedures, quality assurance, and adherence to budgets.
- Prepares low level plans, schedules and budgets for software projects.
- Provides assistance in developing software capabilities required to support design effort
- Provides leadership and motivation to technical staff.
- Provides support to marketing and other departments as required.
- Analyses of customer requirements using Company standard methodology.
- Designs software based on Company standard methodology.
- Keeps abreast of relevant technology developments.
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.