Our Public Sector Client in Mississauga, ON is looking to hire a Senior Solution Architect for a 24 months contract role with high possibility of extension.
As a Senior Solution Architect, He/she is responsible to IT Lead on Market Renewal Program and is responsible for development of end-to-end technical solution architectures for projects under program.
- Works with technical systems specialist, business systems specialists from the impacted application groups/3rd parties to understand the current state and constraints for defining the future state architecture & the interfaces.
- Integrate functional, security, archive and audit requirements in the design and implementation of information technology solutions while considering Information Technology architecture standards and guidelines. As necessary, create and/or modify solution architectural standards and guidelines.
- Identifies possible 3rd party vendor solution and leads the technical evaluation of the identified vendor solution.
- Identify opportunities for information solutions that will provide effective and economic benefits for customers. Address the total solution in terms of communications, data sources, software tools, integration with existing functions, user interfaces, algorithms, testing methodologies, etc.
- Act as a teacher or mentor to associates to advance their learning and facilitate their problem-solving skills within their respective area of expertise.
- Demonstrated expertise as a Solution Architect on an Information System project. The candidate should identify the techniques they used and artefacts they developed to bring technology together to solve a business problem while ensuring alignment with the enterprise architecture.
- Strong academic knowledge of computer science and associated subjects, including a strong practical knowledge and demonstrated application of all aspects of the software development life cycle and operations of the electricity market and administration processes related to the power system delivery
- Keen analytical skills for software solutions and their association with business processes and information technology.
- Familiarity with Power System scheduling concepts (economic dispatch, unit commitment).
- Communication skills, including report or business presentation skills.
- Familiarity in the use of data query and manipulation tools.
- Familiarity in the use and development of tools in the Linux & Windows environment.
- Familiarity in the testing of application software including the formulation of test plans, conducting of the tests, and documentation of results.
- Familiarity in web development including web content management systems
- Familiarity in portal technologies, including integration with authorization and authentication systems.
- Familiarity with business intelligence tools and ETL processors.
- Familiarity with web-based technologies (i.e. web services, XML, java programming)
ABOUT IAN MARTIN:
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”