Our Calgary based energy client has an immediate need for a Senior Systems Analyst to join their application upgrade team. The initial contract would be for three months with a good chance of extension for the right person.
- Participate in initiating and planning various upgrade projects as directed within the Critical Upgrades program
- Identify and document dependencies between products and projects
- Work with various IT groups (infrastructure, network, security, database, applications, etc.) to determine and document resource requirements
- Prepare presentations to IT governance body (such as Solution Review Board) for approval of projects
- Ensure compatibility and business continuity with current in house custom developed applications across upgrades
- Some specific solution work as required for individual upgrade projects
- Work with business as required to confirm requirements
- As required, complete solution concepts and briefing notes
- Perform assessments of customer requirements, hardware, software and security needs against existing products and services, including identification of gaps
- Participate in Proof-of-Concepts (PoCs), evaluations and product demonstrations.
- Engage with vendors as needed to support technology solution
- Understand product capability gaps or functionality to define ways to handle them, stay current on competitive alternatives
- Work independently and cooperatively within IS solution architects and technical leads
Skills – REQUIRED:
- Broad technical skills and experience
- Ability to work with teams across IT (deployment/test teams, infrastructure, security, application support teams)
- Experience working with vendors
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills, including the ability to create and deliver effective presentations as a means to promote and sell ideas to stakeholders
- Ability to work on multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Ability to identify and prioritize issues and work effort
- Write clear, concise and effective project communications
- Set realistic team expectations and clearly communicates the purpose and objectives of the project to the team
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
Skills – RECOMMENDED:
- Previous experience on similar upgrade projects, both infrastructure and application
- Proficient problem solving skills
- Timely resolution of project and technical issues
Other skills deemed necessary for team or project compatibility:
- 8 to 10 years of experience on projects or programs, working on several projects at once
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
If you bring the mentioned skills and experiences to the table, then we would love to chat you!
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.