Our Public Sector Client in , Toronto ON is looking to hire a Senior Technical Architect for a 12 months of contract role with high possibility of extension.
As a Senior Technical Architect identifies systems requirements and leads analysis and design of solutions for large scale, multi-vendor systems development initiatives, including conceptual, logical and physical systems designs; purchase, modification and integration of commercial systems; systems integration related to Enterprise and Partner systems and assists in the planning, design and development of large-scale systems projects ensuring compliance with IT policies, standards and guidelines.
1. Technical Advice and Expertise:
- Identifies systems requirements and leads analysis and design of solutions for large scale, multi-vendor systems development initiatives, including conceptual, logical and physical systems designs; purchase, modification and integration of commercial systems; systems integration related to Enterprise and Partner systems
- Assesses client demands across the organization and is responsible for the planning, design, acquisition, implementation and continuous evolution of cost-effective multi-vendor large scale/enterprise reusable IT assets and services available to I&IT projects.
- Oversees the research and evaluation of the technical components in the acquisition of software, hardware, technology, systems and products
- Provides guidance and direction on the deployment of I&IT systems including technology, infrastructure implementation, IT capacity requirements, service level agreements and organizational and business process changes.
- Utilizes system performance metrics and ensures systems are implemented according to policies, standards, processes and practices
- Participates in/conducts feasibility studies, architecture reviews of new IT systems or modification/redevelopment of legacy systems.
- Provides senior level strategic and authoritative advice to support system development and implementation standards, policy, procedures, methodologies and frameworks.
2. Systems Solution Planning and Delivery:
- Assists in the planning, design and development of large-scale systems projects ensuring compliance with IT policies, standards and guidelines.
- Utilizes and presents technical proposals/business cases for systems projects and ensures compliance with the Public Sector IT policies, standards and guidelines, including IT architectural design reviews and approvals.
- Advises and guides the technology components of the SDLC life cycle for large scale/enterprise-wide systems solution projects including COTS and/or managed services; identifies and resolves complex issues; provides senior level technical advice and guidance to clients and project staff.
- Applies industry and/or Public Sector standard project management and control processes; quality assurance and quality control techniques.
- Identifying complex systems requirements, resolving complex issues, determining areas of risk and recommending innovative alternatives and options for resolution to meet client needs, having impacts on client program delivery and enterprise IT objectives.
- Determining system solutions acquisition/implementation costs and procurement/resourcing strategies;establishes systems solution requirements/priorities/directions to support system integration, alignment and compliance with technology strategies, policies and standards.
- Liaising directly with internal and external client/stakeholder groups to resolve issues, clarify IT requirements and provide information on progress/status of system solution acquisition initiatives.
- Gathering of all technical systems requirements for the design, acquisition, development, testing and deployment activities of complex I&IT projects, including all requirements for the compliance with I&IT standards and policies.
- Providing technical guidance and recommendations based on established and emerging industry standards, trends, guidelines and policies to IT project teams, senior management and client stakeholders toward the development and delivery of systems solutions.
- Provides technical leadership, guidance and direction to multi-disciplinary teams/project staff on all aspects of systems planning, design, development, implementation, and ongoing support
Knowledge & Skills:
- Completion of post-secondary education in computer science or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10+ years of direct experience in Senior Technical Lead role in Information Technology or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of information/information technology management concepts in order to provide practical expertise to meet complex and/or diverse enterprise needs; ensure integrity of IT business, technology, applications, security and/or information; and ensure/monitor compliance with the technology directives, policies and standard.
- Knowledge of industry standards to provide state of the art advice, including systems analysis, design, development, testing and implementation methods, tools and techniques; technology data, and networking techniques.
- Relevant state of the art multi-platform I&IT technology; I&IT technology research and development, implementation, operations management, security, and emerging technologies, in order to assess client needs, lead projects, and provide expertise.
- Applying leading IT industry best practices and standards in systems architecture, software and systems engineering , design and development tools and techniques, and software lifecycle methodologies to provide timely delivery of projects and subject matter expertise to development teams across the organization.
- Written and oral communication skills to present IT strategies and IT solutions to senior management; advice regarding approaches to contentious systems design/implementation issues; deliver presentations to clients and stakeholders; interview highly skilled IT professionals; lead planning sessions with IT groups and stakeholders.
- Job has technology specific requirements in areas such as: in-depth knowledge of the information technologies, applications, industry and computer languages specific to the program system(s) currently in use within the client
ABOUT IAN MARTIN:
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”