Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We have an immediate opening for a Senior Technical Writer on a 2 months long assignment extension beyond, in Cambridge, MA, USA.
- Our Client is looking for a Senior Technical Writer to join a group of content creators for a 2-month project, contributing to product documentation for a features Limited Availability launch.
- As a Technical Writer, you will be responsible for:
- Contributing to UI design and development by writing and reviewing all on-screen text and creating and maintaining all types of technical documentation and application content related to this feature release aimed at external audiences.
- Documenting changes and creating documentation within the context of an agile development sprint according to business priorities.
- Understanding user goals and how to scope the appropriate set of deliverables, working with department management and cross-functional teams.
- Working closely with cross-functional teams to identify risks, solve problems, and maintain project progress.
- Collaborating with lead product writer to build publications.
- 5+ years of technical writing experience
- 2+ years of technical writing experience in an agile, high-tech software development environment.
- 2+ years’ experience with authoring tools. (DITA experience preferred)
Top Skills Needed for the role:
- Skill 1 – Self-starter who is comfortable and productive in a fast-paced and fluid environment.
- Skill 2 – Demonstrated professional experience as a well-rounded Technical Writer with experience writing different document types for many audiences
- Skill 3 – Commitment to task-based and example-based user assistance.
- Applicants must meet one of the following educations and experience requirements:
- 5 years of relevant experience and a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent or 2 years of relevant experience and a master’s degree.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.