Our client who is a leader in the North American Energy market has an immediate need for a Senior Team Lead to join their team for a 5 month contract based in Calgary.
The ideal candidate has demonstrated success as a Test Lead and can accept accountability for a line of work to ensure it is delivered at a high level of quality and consistency with little supervision.
You bring value by playing a key role on the Windows 10 Program and will be responsible for planning and leading all testing efforts for the Program. This Program will move the client to a supported computing platform, and ensure all employees are able to conduct their day to day job duties.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create test plans for applications currently in use to test Windows10 compatibility based on a risk based and priorities driven approach.
- Define standardized, repeatable processes to govern testing.
- Lead execution of testing activities.
- Coordinate business and IT resources.
- Transition knowledge to internal resources for execution of testing processes in future years
- Test Plans
- Testing Processes
- Completed testing
- Previous experience as a test lead in a large, complex IT environment and on a large IT project.
- Previous experience as a test lead on a Windows 7 to Windows 10 migration project is very nice to have, but not an absolute requirement
Required Soft Skills:
- Can accept accountability for a line of work and ensure it is delivered at a high level of quality and consistency with little daily supervision.
- Can lead a small team of subject matter experts / individual contributors towards that goal.
- Works with other Team Leads to plan and coordinate activities and resolve issues.
- Highly independent, goal oriented, and self-motivated.
- Pro-active, positive, bright, motivated and highly engaged
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Communication, planning, organization and documentation skills
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.