Our client who is a leader in the North American Energy market has an immediate need for a Service Assessment Analyst to join their team for a six (6) month contract opportunity based here in Calgary.
As the Information Services (IS) matures it needs to focus its limited resources on delivering the highest value services to its stakeholders. This requires having a good understanding of the services being delivered and the relative value of each service. There is a desire to confirm and assess each service provided by ISB and look for opportunities to free up capacity and personnel for higher value activities.
• Finding capacity within the IS team to provide time for higher value work, through the effective optimization of how we deliver our services.
• Reducing costs and risks by identifying and delivering opportunities to rationalize systems, products and services
• Building a foundation for an Enterprise Service Management service offering for our client and to allow for the expansion of Service Management modules (Change Management, Asset Management, etc.)
• More predictable outcomes for the consumers of the services
• Standardized IS service offerings
• Identification and preliminary assessment of IS services
• Working with Service Owners, develop service roadmaps and assist in the prioritization of high-value improvements to the services
• Challenge current delivery methods, compare to industry norms and directions, looking for opportunities for improvements
• Critically assess and align investments (people, funding, effort), both in-flight and forthcoming, to ensure alignment with organizational strategic objectives
• Build a service oriented culture influencing the approval of investments for project and operational activities
Expected Business Benefits (direct)
• Business facing catalog of services (Service Catalog) that IS provides
• Corporate repository of service requests (Service Request Catalog / portal) available to clients
• Better presentation of service level expectations to users of the services
• More reliable, predictable and consistent delivery of services
Expected Intermediate Benefits (indirect)
• Creates common attributes, language and definitions, such as, Service Owner, Service Manager, number of people required to deliver, processes (manual and automated), technologies (s/w, h/w, platforms, etc.), roadmaps and costs
• Service related activities will be documented, standardized and repeatable, driving the elimination of wasted effort, duplication, and a focus on efficiency
• Provide a look at “where we are today” from the perspective of service maturity, where we have delivery gaps and where there are opportunities to better utilize people, technologies and processes to provide better value to the recipients of the services.
• Better allocation of resources by identifying opportunities to deliver “low value” services via commodity providers and increasing investment of time and resources in “high value” services that directly support achieving organizational mandate objectives.
• Identify and document all IS Services
• Create a framework for and assess identified IS Services
• Examine and assess all technology investments to ensure alignment to improving and optimizing IS services
• Identify a subset of prioritized IS Services (or activities) for improvements and (TBD) execute activities to develop internal capacity for other, higher value services or activities.
• Critically identify opportunities where individuals may be able to be re-allocated to other services or activities
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.