Our Public sector client in Toronto, ON is looking to hire a Service Designer x4 (SPP2018-1170) for a 6 months of contract role with option to extend.
As a Service Designer x4 (SPP2018-1170), is responsible to build quality service experiences across the WSIB by working collaboratively with internal partners and using participatory design methods to improve customer experiences, incubate new services, and cultivate a human-centered design culture and capability across the organization.
- Experience (Years of Related Experience and Type of Experience):
- 5+ years in Experience Design or related discipline, within a design consultancy or equivalent position
- Deep expertise in design thinking/ human-centered design, as well as core service design methods and processes
- In-depth knowledge and experience within a relevant design discipline (UX Design, Design Research, Service Design, Design Strategy, Systems Design, Business Design, Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Interaction Design)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work within a self-directed culture and navigate ambiguity and complex problems
- Proven designs and experience of launched services that have been implemented (asset)
- Experience crafting and executing a project vision, strategy and client relationship (asset)
- Experience with concepting, ideation, and iterative prototyping (asset)
- Experience with mixed methods research (asset)
- The Service Designer builds quality service experiences across the WSIB by working collaboratively with internal partners and using participatory design methods to improve customer experiences, incubate new services, and cultivate a human-centered design culture and capability across the organization. The Service Designer combines strong business acumen and knowledge of the WSIB’s business with a deep expertise in design thinking to:
- build organizational structures, systems and business models that support the WSIB’s customer centric objectives;
- assist in facilitating service improvements by redesigning the end-to-end journey of services delivered to WSIB customers, including those that support the implementation of new digital solutions;
- architect new services that improve customer experience and create compelling new value propositions for customers.
- Service Design may involve the creation of, or change to, transactions, products, programs and content across both digital and offline channels provided by different parts of the WSIB. The Service Designer is a hands-on design expert, taking concepts forward and working hand-in-hand with business partners to implement services in a variety of settings and for all of WSIB’s customers.
- Collaborate closely with lines of business across the WSIB, becoming an expert on how the customer interacts with their services, systems, products & processes.
- Dive into the complex people, process and technology landscape that makes up WSIB services. Take a systemic approach to understanding a new business area, both zooming out to see the big picture, then diving in to capture the important details. Identify the touchpoints between the customer and the WSIB throughout their journey.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with Senior Executives and colleagues across the WSIB to promote best practices for service development and delivery, generate buy-in, ensure appropriate resource allocation, support co-creation objectives, and ensure high quality outputs. Liaise with key stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle.
- Assist internal business partners with transforming current service experiences and building new service delivery opportunities by building a shared understanding of current state, and generating meaningful insights through the design process.
- Leverage service design methodology to solve hard-to-diagnose problems that require a holistic approach to effectively uncover the root cause (i.e., experiences that are cross-channel, involve multiple touchpoints, and are the result of a cross-functional effort comprising many different teams).
- Enable holistic, meaningful change by blueprinting ecosystem-level scenarios that span and intersect across a web of offerings related to a particular service. Work closely with business partners to build an end-to-end and surface-to-core understanding of a process that not only encapsulates the experience of the customer, but also the activities of the behind-the-scenes staff and systems that deliver the service (underlying support actors, touchpoints, systems, and policies). Take into account the things that happen before and after the primary experience, looking at upstream causes and downstream effects, to enable teams to identify critical moments that make or break a service experience.
- Collaborate with colleagues to identify service design project opportunities in the digital and physical realms. Distil business, legislative, & customer constraints into digestible components during the design process.
- Serve as a service design Subject Matter Expert in design workshops, particularly through ideation, prototyping & testing. Lead co-design working sessions with cross-functional teams. Construct service design concepts and prototypes, and co-facilitate testing of concepts and prototypes for validation and iteration.
- Assist lines of business in documenting solution requirements to improve service delivery to our customers, considering both the customer’s experience and the WSIB’s ability to implement and scale the solution.
- Work closely with business partners across the organization, Senior Executives and the Board of Directors to codesign organizational structures, systems and business models that support the WSIB’s customer centric objectives
- Build new ways of creating, delivering and capturing value across the WSIB
- Assist with cross-cluster initiatives of strategic significance by applying service design expertise
- Respond to ad hoc requests from Senior Executives, including exploratory and/or advisory engagements
- Communicate and present research and design insights to stakeholders, including internal business partners, Senior Executives, the Board of Directors, as well as workers, employers, health care providers, and representatives.
- Communicate service concepts and ideas to team members, internal and external stakeholders, and customers. Use diverse set of methods and tools to illustrate all the components and touchpoints of the service.
- Contribute to building a customer centric organizational culture that understands the value of adopting a human-centered design practice and mindset. Instil teams across the organization with the confidence, capabilities and discipline to explore, incubate and scale innovative design solutions.
- Ensure high quality and timely delivery of outputs by staying up-to-date on new developments, tools and approaches in service design.
- Demonstrate an intrinsic passion for making things better and creating new methods and practices. Employ creative problem solving skills, a curious mind, an enthusiastic work ethic, patience and a positive attitude. Be collaborative and contribute to healthy team motivation and morale.
ABOUT IAN MARTIN:
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”