Our Public Sector Client in St. Catharines, ON is looking to hire a Service Desk Analyst for a 3+ months of contract role as a Part time.
Our public sector client is seeking a client-centric individual with a passion for enhancing the end-user experience to provide front-line technical support services. While working with a diverse team, you will act as the single point of contact for client partners (vendors) while keeping current with all requirements specific to client and account services.
- Collect contact and information from users, open new or update existing tickets; responding to user requests to investigate and resolve hardware and software problems
- diagnose and identifying problems utilizing tools from a knowledge management system, specialized hardware and software tools
- Provide assistance to users by recommending the most effective utilization of computers, standard software packages and their applications and related equipment (workstation and LAN)
- Classify and categorize incidents; prioritize problems to ensure timely resolution either through first tier support or assignment to Tier 2 or Tier 3 through the established escalation system.
- Track and follow up on problems reported to the IT Service Desk to ensure proper diagnosis at various levels and service levels are being met in accordance with established service level agreements.
- Monitor incidents and advise support group of potential/upcoming and actual Service Level breaches
- prepares related documentation on system service and maintenance including service request forms, service logs and records
- Notify Incident Coordinator when a potential Severity 1 incident has been detected.
- Assign unresolved requests to the appropriate Sr. Service Desk Analyst/Subject Matter Lead.
- Ensure assigned tickets are handled appropriately during off shift, turnover ongoing activities to next on-site analyst
- Provide technical services as part of a systems project team by carrying out investigations of new hardware and software developments, assessing potential application to client systems and preparing reports with recommendations to the Team Lead, Sr Analysts/SMEs
- Maintain contact with external service suppliers and software manufacturers to discuss and evaluate new services and hardware/software for applications.
- Prepare communications/information materials in conjunction with Team Lead/Sr. Analysts/SMEs, maintain current knowledge for respective accounts/services and of the IT field through attendance at related courses, seminars, presentations, demonstrations, and trade shows.
- Provide technical services to support system projects for the investigation of new technology developments.
- Job requires knowledge of all Microsoft OS Platforms, Microsoft Office Suite, Desktop Hardware troubleshooting, Blackberry troubleshooting packages to utilize structured troubleshooting techniques and diagnose user/account/client system hardware and software problems
- the ability to provide advice on effective use of computers and standard software for their business applications and carry out assessments of new hardware and software technologies
- knowledge of LAN/WAN and telecommunications, desktop networks (e.g. Token Ring) and related hardware (e.g. Intel-based PC's, network adapters, modems, CD-ROMS, printers and plotters) to install and configure new computer hardware and software, prepare service and maintenance documentation, develop and test desktop software components to meet client needs, prepare information materials for clients on computer equipment utilization, analyze problems and conduct minor repairs to ensure desktop and notebook systems are operating in accordance with service level agreements.
- This resource will work anywhere from 20 to 36.25 hours per week.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
Mandatory (Must Haves)
- 1-2+ Years of previous help desk/technical support/service desk experience in a “Big Desk”, high volume contact centre environment
- analytical and problem-solving skills to identify and assess user/account/client system problems resulting from equipment failures, operating system configurations and application errors, recommend/initiate solutions using diagnostic hardware and software applications and techniques and recommend most effective utilization of computers and software applications.
- the ability to plan, organize and prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- a strong customer service orientation with a bias for action in order to meet client and service level agreement requirements.
- analytical and evaluative skills to classify and categorize incidents and to notify Incident Coordinators when a potential Severity 1 incident has been detected.
- interpersonal and oral communication skills to discuss system failures with clients and recommend/explain solutions and concepts in non-technical term.
- written skills to prepare system service documentation, develop reports with recommendations for improvements to systems architecture and prepare aspects of information materials.
ABOUT IAN MARTIN:
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.