We have an immediate opening for a Sharepoint Developer for our Energy Utilities client, basd out of Regina, SK. As a Sharepoint Developer, you will be an integral contributor to the overall service delivery capable of providing functional support and consultation, platform administration, and application development and support.
The Enterprise Architecture and Information Management (EA&IM) team of our client provides architecture and information management services, focused on business, information, integration, security, and technology domains. This group delivers IT technology and service planning, business capability development and roadmapping, as well as delivering high quality and effective solutioning services to the PDO as well as directly to the business. As an extension of Information Management, functional support for SharePoint is delivered in this group. Our client’s SharePoint platform is on premise and has existed for more than 5 years. The environment is currently version 2013 and configuration remains primarily out of the box. The platform consists of several farms, includes Project Server 2013, our intranet site, and is our fastest growing repository for new document storage with 63 business managed team sites across 30 site collections. The SharePoint Services team delivers functional architecture, business support, platform administration, and as well as solution delivery including application development and support.
Typical activities in this role include:
- Working closely with business groups demonstrating best practices for leveraging SharePoint, and supporting their ability to self-manage their SharePoint environments.
- Providing SharePoint based business solutions with an enterprise perspective and in alignment with our strategies for IT management and best practices related to collaboration technologies and information management.
- New application development for projects, business solutions and scripts using modern technologies and frameworks
- Providing production support, troubleshooting, changes and enhancements to existing applications.
- Monitoring the SharePoint applications and solutions ensuring service levels are met for security, performance, health, functionality, resilience, and policy enforcement.
- Adhering to our client’s IT service management, change control, and documentation standards.
- Acting as a representative of Information Systems.
Ideally the resource will have:
- SharePoint certifications and/or training
- Extensive understanding of SharePoint Patterns and Practices
- Microsoft development certifications
- Practical experience providing functional support and solutions to business users
- Experience with Microsoft Online Services
- Practical experience in developing communications and training materials
- Understanding of information architecture
- Experience with of content management principles and technologies
- Experience working in a utility or engineering industry
- North American job experience
- 10 years of recent and practical IT experience, including 2 years of experience working directly with the business.
- 5 years of recent and contiguous experience as a SharePoint Developer providing functional support, solution design, and application development for SharePoint.
- Demonstrated exposure to the following technologies is
- SharePoint Framework
- SharePoint Workflow
- Visual Studio
If you bring the mentioned skills and experiences to the table, then we would love to chat you!
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.