Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We have an immediate opening for a Site Reliability Engineer on a 6+ Months Contract assignment extension beyond, in Plantation, FL, USA.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will work as part of our Ecosystem team to ensure the safe, swift, and reliable delivery of services to our customers. This role combines software and systems engineering to deliver highly scalable, distributed, fault tolerant systems. You enjoy creating solutions to operations problems. You have a holistic knowledge of our systems and services and can re-engineer processes when they need it and then clearly communicate the necessary change. You understand how various development teams operate and are able to reduce their effort to deliver new services. You have the grace to stay calm when production services are down and the courage to ask for help from the right people as needed to bring them back up. You enjoy collaborating with people from other teams and disciplines to make plans a reality.
- Experience with UNIX based systems including UNIX tools like SSH, grep, sed, awk, find, etc.
- An understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, TLS, SMTP, HTTP)
- Experience using a modern language. Go, Java, Node.js, Ruby, etc.
- Ability to script in a shell language (Bash or POSIX Shell)
- Experience with public cloud providers (AWS, Google Cloud Platform, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience working with containers (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, etc.) is a plus.
- Comfort with with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- Undestanding of the role of automation tools (Terraform, Jenkins, Concourse CI, Bitbucket Pipelines, etc.)
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and take command of a recovery effort.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.