Our large IT client is recognized by customers as Canada’s leading Aerospace company.
We are looking for a Software Analyst to support the team.
Duration: 5+ months
Location: Toronto, Ontario M3B 3L6
To perform design, analysis, programming and integration activities in the development of software for train control systems of Thales Rail Signaling Solutions, achieving Customer Satisfaction of the delivered solution/product.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum 5 years relevant working experience
- Knowledge of software development environment (Microsoft Visual Studio, desktop simulator, target simulator etc.)
- Senior level experience in development of software for mission critical /near real time systems.
- Senior level experience in development of software in C++ language including templates, STL, Boost, MFC usage
- Senior level knowledge of C#, WPF
- Understands the customer’s needs and through life cycle concerns whatever the used means (e.g. advanced studies, simulations, mock-ups, models, prototypes, etc.).
- Contributes to the formalization of mission/function description, architectural & algorithms design and the refinement of functional and non-functional requirements.
- Designs, codes, debugs, write test procedures and tests software code, chairs design reviews.
- Reviews code, test procedures and test results
- Analyses and implements correction for defect reports
- Perform engineering testing in the field and investigates problems in the field.
- Provides some inputs for cost estimates.
- Assists Functional manager in providing training, leadership and motivation to the staff.
- Contributes in co-engineering activities with the Systems Engineering team in order to ensure system- software consistency and the right refinement of software components and compliance with the software architecture.
- Solves tasks in the best technical and timely manner.
- Looks for opportunities and make suggestions for THALES GROUP INTERNAL 2 / 3 improvements.
- Can also spend a part of his/her time in Work Package Management (WPM) within his/her technical domain.
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.