Our market leading energy client has an immediate need for a Software Automation Specialist to join their team in Edmonton Alberta. This is a one year contract position scheduled to start ASAP.
At an advanced level of proficiency, work closely with quality control analysts, software developers, project managers and business clients in a fast-paced development environment to design, implement, and maintain a software test framework.
• Design, implement, and maintain a software test framework that executes in a distributed test environment, with a focus on speed of execution and maintainability. The framework should allow for re-use of common test automation components across projects.
• Apply the test framework to an actual SCADA project to deliver a concrete implementation of the solution. Design and implement automated tests for critical real-time pipeline applications.
• Create unit tests for the software test framework.
• Create excellent documentation of the software deliverables.
• Proactively communicate with developers and business to resolve issues or questions pertaining to test creation or test execution.
• Drive the development and tracking of effective metrics.
• Work with project managers and QC supervisor to set schedules, priorities and goals.
• Engage in regular code reviews.
• Provide training on various aspects of test automation.
• Assist in defining and implementing software test guidelines and standards.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Post-secondary degree or diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience in a related field or industry.
• Minimum 8 to 10 years of working experience in software development and/or test automation.
• Experience with Python, as well as Java or C#.
• Practical experience and solid understanding of build servers, such as Jenkins.
• Experience with source code management tools such as SVN or Git.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced development environment.
• Strong ability to estimate task durations and meet schedules under changing conditions.
• Experience or interest in using the Elixir programming language.
• Experience with functional programming.
• Experience with Docker containers.
• Working experience in developing, maintaining or testing real-time pipeline applications.
• Experience with test management and defect tracking tools such as TestRail and Jira.
• Software architecture experience would be an asset.
If you bring the mentioned skills and experiences to the table, then we would love to chat you!
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.