Our market leading energy client has an immediate need for a Software Automation Test Analyst to join their team. This contract is located at their Edmonton office.
At an advanced level of proficiency, you work closely with members of the quality control team, various technical development teams, project managers and business clients in a fast-paced development environment to implement software testing processes and manage defects from identification to closure for medium to large-scale projects.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans.
- Develop, document and execute automated test scripts and manual test cases to address business and technical use cases.
- Manage defects from identification to closure.
- Proactively communicate with developers and business to resolve issues or questions pertaining to test creation or test execution.
- Review and inspect work products like test strategies, requirements, designs, source code and various documents.
- Assist in defining and implementing software test guidelines and standards.
- Be an active participant in the overall team objectives and improvement initiatives.
- Work with project managers and Quality Control supervisor to set schedules, priorities and goals
- Coordinate quality control related activities within multiple capital and operating projects.
- Work closely with other members of the Quality Control team to deliver quality control functions within the PCSLD and LP IT area
- Minimum 7 to 10 years of working experience in software development and/or performing quality control functions such as creating test plans and executing various levels of QC testing (unit, integration and system).
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience in a related field or industry.
- Experience with shell scripting and windows scripting.
- Practical experience and good understanding of build servers, such as Jenkins.
- Experience with source code management tools such as SVN or Git.
- Experience with test management and defect tracking tools such as TestRail and Jira.
- Experience in developing high quality test plans and test cases.
- Ability to accurately estimate task durations and meet schedules under changing conditions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced development environment.
Nice to Haves
- Working knowledge of OASyS, RTAP, or Cygnet SCADA systems.
- Working experience in developing, integrating, maintaining or testing real-time pipeline applications or pipeline control systems.
- Experience with Python, C#, .NET, or Java will be a great asset.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.