Our large IT client, is recognized by customers as Canada’s leading Aerospace company.
We are looking for a Software Configuration Management Analyst to support the team.
Duration: 12 months
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
To establish and maintain configuration management systems and processes over the lifecycle of a product to support company and project goals with respect to quality, consistency, scope, and cost.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- A minimum of 2 years solid experience in establishing SCM systems
- Good verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- A high level of self-motivation and initiative. Exposure to software development is essential.
- Good design ability for databases and its integration using scripting and / or computer languages.
- Excellent knowledge of Configuration Management practices and principles
- Defines and maintains CM requirements through review of contractual documentation and develops/tailors CM processes and project specific CM plans using various tools
- Define, document, implement and continually review and improve CM procedures and policies, with the goal to automate as much as possible
- Participate in and support major reviews including internal, external, and customer audits
- Maintain system / hardware baselines in accordance with change and configuration control policies and processes
- Maintain software baselines with engineering inputs, and is involved in either software build creation activity, or by planning, organizing, and performing software configuration audits and SCM surveillance activities
- Creates and maintains HCM databases including Site CM databases to support processes and policies including system / hardware baselines on and off site, database integration, etc. to provide life cycle configuration visibility
- Conducts site audits and ensures changes for site configurations are implemented in accordance with change effectively
- Interfaces and participates in activities directly and indirectly involved in CM processes, and identify parties that may be involved, within and outside the organization, including and not limited to Projects, Production, HQA, WBS, Engineering, CM Tool Integration, Contract Manufacturers, and Vendors on configuration control and change through all phases of project.
- Ensures product items become identifiable configuration items (with appropriate complexity, and scope), and are released in a timely and controlled manner
- Track the developmental activity of configurable items and associated technical documentation to ensure proper definition of an item
- Supervise and train staff as required
- Provides technical support services to resolve configuration management issues during product and project lifecycles
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.