Our large IT client, is recognized by customers as Canada’s leading Aerospace company.
We are looking for a Software Developer (C) to support the team.
Duration: 6 months
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- To perform design, analysis, programming and integration activities in the development of software for train control systems of our Rail Signaling Solutions.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- B. Sc., in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science for equivalent, plus minimum 5 years relevant working experience – or equivalent.
- Knowledge of software development environment (desktop simulator, target simulator, cross-compilation, etc).
- Working knowledge of modern software engineering practices, methods and tools.
- Development experience in C, ADA for real-time applications.
- Unix/Linux application development, including working knowledge of the POSIX API, shell scripting
- Unix/Linux networking / network utilities knowledge (nfs, tftp, dhcp, etc.).
- Windows CE application development.
- Windows XP user knowledge.
- Vectorcast, Automated testing.
- Clearcase UCM, GIT, Jenkins, Sonar user knowledge.
- Assembler programming skills.
- Knowledgeable of object oriented techniques, multi-threading, socket programming.
- Good command of C++ language.
- Scripting languages are an asset (Perl, Python).
- Experience in developing and/or debugging low-level driver software is an asset.
- Understands and follows the company’s processes and procedures for developing vital software.
- Implements real time systems in C.
- Designs, codes, debugs, write test procedures and tests software code.
- Reviews code, test procedures and test results.
- Analyses and implements correction for defect.
- Perform engineering testing in the field and investigates problems in the field.
- Provides input for cost estimates.
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.