Our large IT client, is recognized by customers as Canada’s leading Aerospace company.
We are looking for a Software Developer – Junior (C++ & C#) to support the team.
Duration: 12 months
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
Our team writes software that controls driverless subway trains in real-time.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- B. Sc., in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science for equivalent, plus minimum 1-year relevant working experience – or equivalent.
- C++ and C# coding skills.
- Scripting languages such as Ruby, Perl and Python.
- Software building tools like gmake, MSBuild.
- Unit testing and continuous integration frameworks.
- Source control tools (git, Clearcase, etc).
- Angular web development including Typescript, WebSockets, ReactiveX.
- Exposure to object oriented techniques, multithreading, socket programming, Windows.
- Familiar with agile work environments, test-driven development and continuous integration.
- Working knowledge of modern software engineering practices, methods and tools.
- Team collaboration skills, writing and verbal skills, people supervision skills.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills.
- Experience with large mission-critical and multi-platform heterogeneous system is desirable.
- Design, create, debug and deliver software to control trains.
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.