Our large IT client, is recognized by customers as Canada’s leading Information Technology company.
We are looking for an Embedded Developer to support the team.
Duration: 4 months
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
The Developer plays a leading role in designing and implementing Voice User Interfaces and dialog tools in the automotive market. The successful candidate will accomplish this through effective collaboration with internal customers, interfacing with cross-functional stakeholders and communicating regularly to clarify implementation details. Your keen attention to detail and problem-solving capabilities allows you to identify and resolve issues and drive customer solutions forward for the organization.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Demonstrated ability to master new technologies and tools quickly.
- Strong team player and customer focus.
- Experience with MS Visio.
- Experience with embedded system programming concepts, working with Android, Windows CE, Linux, VxWorks, or QNX.
- Experience with using source control tools like Perforce, Mercurial, Git.
- Programming experience scripting languages Python and/or Perl.
- Ability to set-up and hardware equipment in support of software development tasks (i.e. configure software on target device, connect cabling/power suppliers, etc.)
- Fluency in a second language (European or Asian languages preferred)
- Experience following a software development process (e.g. Agile, Scrum)
- Analysis of costumer product requirements.
- Specification of dialogs in co-operation with the costumer.
- Dialog design and implementation for automotive applications.
- Implementation of dialog flows and logic in XML like language and recognition grammars.
- Test of dialog in development environment and on the actual infotainment system.
- Review and investigate issues in dialogs developed by peers.
- Partner closely with customers and Nuance team members to establish and maintain clear, concise communication through regular reporting, meeting participation, and follow-up.
- Contribute to advancing technologies and services by providing input and recommendations from project experiences.
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.