Software Development Manager
Reporting to COO
Department: Research & Development
Location: Kingston, Ontario
Competitive Base Salary + Incentive
As a Software Development Manager, you will use your technical, teamwork and motivational skills to lead a group of professionals through software development projects and products, software changes, documentation, and testing results on-time and consistent with the needs of our Quality System.
You will be given autonomy within the tasks defined for you and we value the expertise you bring in strategy, new ideas and innovation that you will bring to the table. Like every member of the team you will be expected to give your full support to your fellow team members and to our customer base
Essential Responsibilities include the following:
- Working with the software team to develop, test, and maintain applications.
- Assisting in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, and estimates.
- Preparing reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software.
- Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with standards.
- Participating in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Package and support deployment of releases.
- Working with teammates in the migration of older applications (asp) to current Microsoft technologies.
- Developing, refining, and tuning integrations between applications.
- Analyzing and resolving technical and application problems.
- Adhering to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
- Providing support in-house and customer users.
- Work within a self-directed team environment
Education and Experience:
- Computer Science Degree or Diploma
- Demonstrated strong relationship building and people management skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with the ability to convert business needs into software requirements
- Demonstrated ability to build effective teams and to motivate, direct and coach staff
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities while assessing risk and roadblocks
- Experience within the Software Development Lifecycle
- Experience with Software Testing tools and techniques
- Understanding of all or most of the current Technology Suite, including:
- Windows 7
- Visual Studio
- SQL Server
- Software Testing and Validation
Required Training and Certificates:
- Company Quality System Training
- Company specified health and safety training
- Compliance with company Medical Surveillance Program
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.